The Neighborhood Bully

2018-19 Official Season Discussion Thread

5 hours ago, alwaystragic said:

Mcw has definitely been a solid and key contributor during this run 

I would keep him as 3rd string but be willing to throw him in to play D when some PG is feasting on us. I'm really hoping Fultz makes a 100% recovery and becomes what he was projected to be so we can really start developing B.I.G. with a great PG.

• Upvote 1

Don’t be scared be prepared for any outcome. Win or lose we are still in the race. With us being in the hunt all the way till the end of the season. This is an invaluable lesson for the players on this team. And will be fantastic for their development for the future. 

1 minute ago, fan for too long 2 said:

Don’t be scared be prepared for any outcome. Win or lose we are still in the race. With us being in the hunt all the way till the end of the season. This is an invaluable lesson for the players on this team. And will be fantastic for their development for the future. 

This^. We've basically been playing playoff games for the past two weeks. We should be proud of these guys, aside from a couple letdown games we've responded very well to the pressure. Tonight is a big one. I feel like if we win tonight we're probably going to get in.

12 minutes ago, ML6 said:

This is a big day. I'm scared.

Don't be scared or project any negativity .. we've got this. Our boys are gonna be ready and get the job done. We did not play too well last game and came away easy winners. Guys gotta step up. We are at home. The guys have got this!

Isaac is not gonna be shooting 3 for 16 tonight trust me. Evan is in nice Rhythm. DJ and Vooch are not gonna be poor as they was last game. I actually expect the boys to win and win well. Focus on what we can do and what we are good at ..when we do that we are a very good team

Guys I'm being dramatic, it's my shtick.  I do feel we've had a good home court advantage for the past few weeks.  The crowd has really seemed into it.  Has anyone been to recent games to comment on that?  It's encouraging that Orlando has seemed to respond to the recent success.

29 minutes ago, magicblue said:

This^. We've basically been playing playoff games for the past two weeks. We should be proud of these guys, aside from a couple letdown games we've responded very well to the pressure. Tonight is a big one. I feel like if we win tonight we're probably going to get in.

If we win tonight that's 40 wins which is enough to shock all the preseason estimates

37 minutes ago, ML6 said:

Guys I'm being dramatic, it's my shtick.  I do feel we've had a good home court advantage for the past few weeks.  The crowd has really seemed into it.  Has anyone been to recent games to comment on that?  It's encouraging that Orlando has seemed to respond to the recent success.

I went to all the games during the homestand. The atmosphere was mostly flat apart from the comeback game against Memphis. Would be really good if it was a sell out crowd tonight for the boys. It's a very tourist type of crowd I noticed. Hopefully that will change a bit.

20 minutes ago, Magicfan1987 said:

If we win tonight that's 40 wins which is enough to shock all the preseason estimates

Went back and re-read Zach Harper's SE division preview.  Among other characteristic snarky comments, here's what he put in the 'ceiling/floor' section:  "Maybe the Magic can crack 30 victories.  If they approach 35 in the horrible East, they should throw a parade.  The floor for them is ending up with the worst record in the NBA."

I've been trying to find Matt Moore's bc I think he picked the under on like 24 wins or something lmao

EDIT: Found it, I guess it was 31.  But he suggests it would've been a toss up at 26.5.

I’m sorry, at 26.5, in the Kings zone? This would at least be down in the toss-up category. But at 31?

I’m supposed to believe a first-year head coach, a core built around a combo-forward with no discernible elite talent outside of being a top-five dunk contest guy of all time, and a 31-year-old point guard is getting to 30-plus wins?

3 minutes ago, ML6 said:

Went back and re-read Zach Harper's SE division preview.  Among other characteristic snarky comments, here's what he put in the 'ceiling/floor' section:  "Maybe the Magic can crack 30 victories.  If they approach 35 in the horrible East, they should throw a parade.  The floor for them is ending up with the worst record in the NBA."

He really doesn't like our team. 

Still.