The Neighborhood Bully

2018-19 Official Season Discussion Thread

10 minutes ago, rekraprovert said:

Booker 5 years from now.

Dude! The emptiest scorer in league history? That's the narrative until he starts winning but wow hed be great on this squad

1 hour ago, magicblue said:

I want a .500 record along with a playoff birth. is that too much to ask for?

It was two weeks ago. I'm not sure anymore. If we win tonight we're at 38 wins with 6 games left including two tanking teams. Then we just need to go 1-4 vs Indiana, Toronto, Boston, Charlotte. 

Not crazy. 

I dont care if its 20 M or so. If we resign vuc it needs to be for 2-3 years tops.

I dont think it is a great idea, but understand is difficult parting ways with him after he finally started improving.

And it shouldnt have anything to do with how well he performs in the postseason. His level in 4-6 games should not be the most important factor in this decision.

7 minutes ago, alwaystragic said:

I dont care if its 20 M or so. If we resign vuc it needs to be for 2-3 years tops.

I dont think it is a great idea, but understand is difficult parting ways with him after he finally started improving.

And it shouldnt have anything to do with how well he performs in the postseason. His level in 4-6 games should not be the most important factor in this decision.

If we lose in the playoffs because he's incapable of dealing with a pick and roll why would we resign him?

The entire argument for years against vucevic was "centers with his skill set (kanter, Monroe, Al Jefferson) are incapable of playing in the playoffs so it doesn't make sense to have them no matter what they do in the regular season". 

So isn't his playoff performance (defense, not field goal percentage) kind of important?

31 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

If we lose in the playoffs because he's incapable of dealing with a pick and roll why would we resign him?

The entire argument for years against vucevic was "centers with his skill set (kanter, Monroe, Al Jefferson) are incapable of playing in the playoffs so it doesn't make sense to have them no matter what they do in the regular season". 

So isn't his playoff performance (defense, not field goal percentage) kind of important?

Not for the long term

He has always been a proven scorer. However, he improved his D and long range this season.

I still think his defense is not good enough, therefore I wouldnt be in a rush to resign him. The goal is to have bamba making an isaac-like leap next season, and have gordon and isaac much more involved in offense along with a new guard.

Whatever he has, he has already showed it in regular season games against bucks, raptors, sixers, etc.

He will not be anything different in the playoffs. He is our soul offensively, but his defense will be his demise.

• Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

No because we have nearly 80 games of evidence this year along with years on end of his capabilities. Why would a 5 game series change anything? What if he defends well 3 games but doesn't 2 games? What if he defends well all 5 games but his offense falls off a cliff? It means nothing.

I'm really having a hard time grasping your thought process here. 

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, TheNameIsOrlando said:

No because we have nearly 80 games of evidence this year along with years on end of his capabilities. Why would a 5 game series change anything? What if he defends well 3 games but doesn't 2 games? What if he defends well all 5 games but his offense falls off a cliff? It means nothing.

I'm really having a hard time grasping your thought process here. 

Right along with you on this one