The Neighborhood Bully

2018-19 Official Season Discussion Thread

1 hour ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

Hey ?4thewin, thanks for the Bruno Caboclo shout. He might be my ESPN fantasy savior next season

I was ready to kick a hole through my TV when he hit that contested late 3 the other day.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Jay Magic said:

She said we have nobody with elite talent.... Please show this video to them Cliff.. 

The other parts were positive.

Jackson picked Miami the day before. Guess after Brian and Jason kept picking Orlando he decided to investigate and jump ship lol

9 hours ago, Jay Magic said:

We play Pacers Saturday.. they play in Boston Friday so we get them on a b2b.

When we play Hornets last game of the season they play in Cleveland the night before also.

Just some random info for you guys.

We've got this! Believe!!

Appreciated 

13 hours ago, Catalina Maria said:

For me, the Magic’s success this year stems from coach Clifford’s philosophy. His philosophy works with how he has utilized Vuc this year. The taste of winning can be a drug. Whether we keep Vuc or not, let’s not forget what we’ve been able to accomplish with a subpar roster (or are we really anymore).

The 6-0 stretch certainly has something to do with Fournier resurgence and the addition of MCW, as well. 

Yea I've come to terms with the strong possibility of resigning Vuch. I don't like the idea but understand the difficulty that comes with letting the best offensive player you have walk after reaching the playoffs for the first time in 7 years.  

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, magicblue said:

I want a .500 record along with a playoff birth. is that too much to ask for?

That would be nice. And who would have thought the East would become so competitive?

23 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

Still not guaranteed to get in, but if we do nobody wants to play us

Miami has 4 games left against Boston, Philly and Toronto.  Since Miami has the worst record, will their opponents rest key guys to help Miami get in so they won't have to face the Magic?

For seven seasons, we've regarded Vooch as an empty-numbers producer with severe limitations in his game. He's always been strong on the glass and in the points column, but his production rarely translated to victories. It was fair to wonder if it even could, since he clogged the offensive end as a non-shooter and left the defensive side vulnerable as a ground-bound interior anchor.

Are those concerns wiped away because he's slightly above-average from distance, more disruptive than a traffic cone on defense and possibly leading Orlando to an eighth-placed finish in the East? That's quite a leap in logic.

We don't know if Vucevic's newfound three ball could sustain over more seasons or handle a volume increase. We don't know if this defensive energy will be the same should he start collecting Powerball-sized paychecks. We have zero evidence he can be the best player on a decent team or even a top-two or -three option on a really good one.

We don't know enough to justify an annual salary north of $20 million, especially in a crowded center market. But considering what this season's stat sheet says, would you be surprised to see an organization throw that kind of change his way?

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2827929-tempting-2019-nba-free-agents-to-stay-away-from

$20M/year for Vooch is laughable