The Neighborhood Bully

2018-19 Official Season Discussion Thread

Vooch is not signing anything short term. It will be foolish on his part. This could be his last long term comtract in the league and coming form an all star appearance, likely his best year in his career. 

He will be looking for something 3-5 years minimum. 

I think we need to sign him. Not because I want him long term but because he can help develop Bamba.  Not to mention he will be an assest to use in potential future trades that can help bring another potential key player for the future. Whether is next year or after. 

The question on his signing is the $. If we can sign him at 15-16 per then I will do in a heartbeat.  If he get more somewhere else then let him walk and go hard after Khem. We need to keep Birch to back up Bamba. 

We should need to explore trade scenarios for AG and Fournier. NOT on Bamba. At least not yet. 

11 minutes ago, magicdoc1 said:

Vooch is not signing anything short term. It will be foolish on his part. This could be his last long term comtract in the league and coming form an all star appearance, likely his best year in his career. 

He will be looking for something 3-5 years minimum. 

I think we need to sign him. Not because I want him long term but because he can help develop Bamba.  Not to mention he will be an assest to use in potential future trades that can help bring another potential key player for the future. Whether is next year or after. 

The question on his signing is the $. If we can sign him at 15-16 per then I will do in a heartbeat.  If he get more somewhere else then let him walk and go hard after Khem. We need to keep Birch to back up Bamba. 

We should need to explore trade scenarios for AG and Fournier. NOT on Bamba. At least not yet. 

I'm not interested in the "sign guys to trade them" philosophy. 

In response to the responses of my post,  notice I said “test the market” for Mo. If you re-sign Vooch and Mo can get you someone like Beal or McCollum you have to listen, if Mo gets you a 2nd rounder and Andres Biedrens, you obviously hang up.

16 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

I'm not interested in the "sign guys to trade them" philosophy. 

You might not be interested( and honestly I am not a big fan of him either) but in the business world you need to retain any assest as long as there is value for you or others. 

For example.. lets say Dallas comes offering Vooch 18mils per year and we offer him 16 per. If Vocch decides to give us the hometown discount thats a 2 million below market value. 

Not a fan, but that is  how this business work. You can easly flip him if need to. 

24 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

In response to the responses of my post,  notice I said “test the market” for Mo. If you re-sign Vooch and Mo can get you someone like Beal or McCollum you have to listen, if Mo gets you a 2nd rounder and Andres Biedrens, you obviously hang up.

Andres Biedrens, lol. Thanks for that 

24 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

I'm not so sure. 

Neither do I. But thats the risk you take when you play the market.  

We are currently playing very well and no need to get ahead of ourselves. Lets enjoy the moment and we can start with the sufferings later in the summer.

4 minutes ago, The Neighborhood Bully said:

Are you forgetting about all the good stuff we got when we did the same with Tobias?

Still haven't opened those chips