The Neighborhood Bully

2018-19 Official Season Discussion Thread

Just now, alwaystragic said:

nope. he has just been a non factor during the last few games. we have been carried by stretches of vucevic, ross, fournier and augustin

His offense needs to get better but he held Jimmy Butler and Tobias Harris to 6 points combined. 

1 minute ago, ?4thewin said:

His offense needs to get better but he held Jimmy Butler and Tobias Harris to 6 points combined. 

Who is this we're talking about?

1 minute ago, ?4thewin said:

I meant offensively. he even looks hesitant to shoot the ball, always looking for the pass instead of shooting.

He is not even being an important part of the flow of the offense, no cutting, no posting up, no pick and roll, less jump shots. 

1 minute ago, alwaystragic said:

I meant offensively. he even looks hesitant to shoot the ball, always looking for the pass instead of shooting.

He is not even being an important part of the flow of the offense, no cutting, no posting up, no pick and roll, less jump shots. 

Eh, I don't think that's a bad thing when he's not hitting shots. Last year's Gordon would try to shoot himself into a rhythm and end up 8 for 20. 

Gordon definitely needs to be better on offense more often but when he's not I don't care if he just facilitates and plays lockdown defense (as opposed to what he did the first 3 quarters against Memphis on Friday where he was disinterested on both ends). 

6 hours ago, alwaystragic said:

I give credit when it's due. fournier has been better last 3 games. 

Still, many years experience says he will go back to earth with his usual 4-11 13 point night in a loss

MCW on the other hand, has been consistent and key for us.

And we need gordon to wake up, he has been sleeping and hurting us with non production lately

AG non productive?? Take him off this team and we ain't winning none of them games. His defence for the most part has been FANTASTIC. Hasn't hurt us at all. 

1 hour ago, Jay Magic said:

AG non productive?? Take him off this team and we ain't winning none of them games. His defence for the most part has been FANTASTIC. Hasn't hurt us at all. 

We're in a really tough position now where everyone is absurdly important to team success and missing a single piece from the rotation is devastating. 

7 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

We're in a really tough position now where everyone is absurdly important to team success and missing a single piece from the rotation is devastating. 

I'm just happy that we're actually playing for something this deep into the season. It's been way too long.

46 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

He is the most important peice believe me..