The Neighborhood Bully

2018-19 Official Season Discussion Thread

Ok scratch that, I ponied up and watched it. Yeah that was bad, like the picture I used to have a Man City guy getting kicked in the leg on a challenge in a soccer mag from the mid-90's. Never thought I'd see that again

1 hour ago, South_Aussie_Magic said:

Ok scratch that, I ponied up and watched it. Yeah that was bad, like the picture I used to have a Man City guy getting kicked in the leg on a challenge in a soccer mag from the mid-90's. Never thought I'd see that again

That was David Busst. He played for Coventry City, not Man City. Goodbye!

• Downvote 1

Looking at Detroit, Miami, Brooklyn and Our rest of the schedule...We have the 2nd toughest schedule. 

Miami and Detroit have the easiest road ahead. They can easily win 5 more games. That will place them at or close to .500 with at least 40 wins. I see them both making it. 

We have a tough road ahead.Most of the games are away games and against playoff team or teams fighting for a playoff spot.  We need to win 5 games in order to remain in the hunt. That last game against Charlotte will determine our faith. 

Brooklyn has the toughest schedule ahead but They have 1 1/2 game cushion on us. They will need to win 4 games.  The game against Miami will be huge. They are playing well so we need for Philadelphia to step it up at home against them.  

We need to win our two left home games and imperative to win in Miami, Detroit and against Charlotte(last game of the season). If we do this, we are in. It is going to beTought but doable. 

Lets start with a win tonight!

8 minutes ago, magicdoc1 said:

Looking at Detroit, Miami, Brooklyn and Our rest of the schedule...We have the 2nd toughest schedule. 

Miami and Detroit have the easiest road ahead. They can easily win 5 more games. That will place them at or close to .500 with at least 40 wins. I see them both making it. 

We have a tough road ahead.Most of the games are away games and against playoff team or teams fighting for a playoff spot.  We need to win 5 games in order to remain in the hunt. That last game against Charlotte will determine our faith. 

Brooklyn has the toughest schedule ahead but They have 1 1/2 game cushion on us. They will need to win 4 games.  The game against Miami will be huge. They are playing well so we need for Philadelphia to step it up at home against them.  

We need to win our two left home games and imperative to win in Miami, Detroit and against Charlotte(last game of the season). If we do this, we are in. It is going to beTought but doable. 

This season has been so crazy that I'm just done with predicting stuff. I'll just enjoy the process and be cool with whatever happens

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, magicdoc1 said:

Miami faces more difficult teams than we do

Fivethirtyeight's algorithm can't decide who it likes more between Miami and us for making the playoffs. Every game it switches its prediction. Of course there is still the non-zero chance that we both make it and Brooklyn is knocked out.

1 hour ago, ?4thewin said:

I think it isn't that far off. We have 4 true playoff teams, one team on the edge, one team that always plays us tough, and two bottom feeders. The Heat play 4 true playoff teams, 2 teams on the edge (depending on how you feel about the Nets, that could be 5 payoff teams), 2 west lotto teams that aren't complete bottom feeders in the Timberwolves and the Mavericks, and the Knicks.

I think it will come down to the wire and tonight's game might be the most important game of the year for us.

1 hour ago, ?4thewin said:

It's pretty close, but I think their remaining schedule is slightly easier.  They have 9 games left (4 home, 5 away), we have 8 (2 home, 6 away).  They have six games left against teams either already in, or fighting to make the playoffs; we have six (counting Charlotte still); but three of theirs are at home, all six of ours are on the road. 

8 minutes ago, jmmagicfan said:

It's pretty close, but I think their remaining schedule is slightly easier.  They have 9 games left (4 home, 5 away), we have 8 (2 home, 6 away).  They have six games left against teams either already in, or fighting to make the playoffs; we have six (counting Charlotte still); but three of theirs are at home, all six of ours are on the road. 

The good thing is it seems like we've played well against good teams. I guess we'll see what kind of grit this team has starting tonight. The game tonight is huge, wouldn't be surprised if it gets a little chippy.

55 minutes ago, jmmagicfan said:

They play Toronto, Philly, and Boston x2

We play Toronto and Boston. 

The rest of the games are basically a wash. 

3 hours ago, magicdoc1 said:

I still think it will take 40 wins to get in the playoff.  Looking at the schedules for all teams if we lose to both Miami (will get to 40 if they beat us) and Detroit (almost guaranteed to 41 wins if they beat us) in the next two games it will almost impossible. Brooklyn is playing well enough that I have slotted them in at 41 wins or more).  I just cannot see losing both of the next two games and have much chance. If Detroit loses @Denver tonight and we beat them that might be a better path to the playoffs even if we lose to Miami?  Good news is our bench is playing much better now.  If Ross and MCW and Birch can put up numbers I give us a good chance in both games.  If bench is non-productive, probably spells disaster.  Effort on both teams for the next two games should be playoff like.  Hope we bring our "A" game.

So what are our avenues of making the playoffs if we lose tonight? If we lose but beat Detroit do any of you forsee Det or Brooklyn being the team we fight for the 8th spot? What does the tie breaker with them stand at this moment?

As excited as I am about tonight I just feel really uneasy about our chances. Been a while since I felt this way about a game. I guess it's a gift and a curse. 

I give credit when it's due. fournier has been better last 3 games. 

Still, many years experience says he will go back to earth with his usual 4-11 13 point night in a loss

MCW on the other hand, has been consistent and key for us.

And we need gordon to wake up, he has been sleeping and hurting us with non production lately