The Neighborhood Bully

2018-19 Official Season Discussion Thread

Tom Brady was drafted in the second round. Look at him now.  Can the Warriors keep the dynasty alive? Maybe. 

1 hour ago, ?4thewin said:

Good stats........What I see here is 8 out of the 10 top defensive teams are playoff bound and all 10 of the top 10 offenses are playoff bound.  I see Offense still the most important stat to measure success in today's NBA.  I guess you have to score to win??????   Philly must be an anomaly.  8th in offense and nowhere to be found on defense.  They must excel in another stat?

25 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

So, if we make the playoffs, MCW is not eligible to be on the playoff roster, even assuming we sign him to a "full" contract? That just sucks. I'm assuming that we can't just cut someone and sign MCW to that spot, either(?). Hopefully Briscoe will be back by that point. The question then becomes, do we sign MCW to a "full" contract anyway? I would say yes, I think he has earned a spot; though I don't see any problem with waiting until closer to the end of his second, 10-day contract to make that decision final. 

37 minutes ago, jmmagicfan said:

So, if we make the playoffs, MCW is not eligible to be on the playoff roster, even assuming we sign him to a "full" contract? That just sucks. I'm assuming that we can't just cut someone and sign MCW to that spot, either(?). Hopefully Briscoe will be back by that point. The question then becomes, do we sign MCW to a "full" contract anyway? I would say yes, I think he has earned a spot; though I don't see any problem with waiting until closer to the end of his second, 10-day contract to make that decision final. 

No. We'd just waive Grant and give MCW his spot. 

The only reason we haven't is because it's advantageous to carry an extra guy right now. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, ?4thewin said:

No. We'd just waive Grant and give MCW his spot. 

The only reason we haven't is because it's advantageous to carry an extra guy right now. 

Things are definitely running better with MCW at the helm. I am okay with him being a distributer and rebounding, but it sure would be nice if he could shoot.