The Neighborhood Bully

2018-19 Official Season Discussion Thread

5 minutes ago, Magicpassion said:

We Don’t need a dissertation, the simple fact that there is potential value in the second round is all that was stated, nothing more nothing less.

An unremarkable level of value that we can get later for cash if we want it. 

25 minutes ago, Magicpassion said:

We Don’t need a dissertation, the simple fact that there is potential value in the second round is all that was stated, nothing more nothing less.

This is a fan forum where dissertations and lengthy knowledgeable opinions should be welcomed. If someone backs up their opinion with stats and facts that's what they're supposed to do to persuade their argument...

34 minutes ago, Magicpassion said:

If you said that, then sure, maybe we could find a common ground, but saying “Isaiah Thomas pick 60” as evidence for keeping your 2nd round picks is the equivalent of me saying you should trade the #1 overall pick because Michael Olowokandi was picked #1 overall.

You have a point that I don’t totally disagree with, but using isolated examples to support that isn’t very good argumentation.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, 3rd Quarter Collapse said:

If you said that, then sure, maybe we could find a common ground, but saying “Isaiah Thomas pick 60” as evidence for keeping your 2nd round picks is the equivalent of me saying you should trade the #1 overall pick because Michael Olowokandi was picked #1 overall.

You have a point that I don’t totally disagree with, but using isolated examples to support that isn’t very good argumentation.

I also followed up with impressive list of 2nd rounders

2 hours ago, Magicfan1987 said:

This is a fan forum where dissertations and lengthy knowledgeable opinions should be welcomed. If someone backs up their opinion with stats and facts that's what they're supposed to do to persuade their argument...

If that’s the case because the argument was that there is potential value in the 2nd round and that was proven to be true. Nothing was stated that it was a guarantee. The point was taken way out of context like it is much of the time on this forum.

12 hours ago, Magicpassion said:

If that’s the case because the argument was that there is potential value in the 2nd round and that was proven to be true. Nothing was stated that it was a guarantee. The point was taken way out of context like it is much of the time on this forum.

You overvalue late second round picks. That's the point. 

2 hours ago, ?4thewin said:

You overvalue late second round picks. That's the point. 

This is my last response to this misinterpretation. I simply stated that (THERE IS POTENTIAL VALUE IN THE 2nd ROUND) evident by the list of many current players in the NBA that I provided earlier in this thread. Where in the world you perceived me overvaluing 2nd round picks based on the statement above is beyond my comprehension. You folks are making it very difficult to enjoy a fruitful experience on a board that is suppose to be about sharing ideas and enthusiasm about our team. Isn’t that the purpose of a moderator? It’s not about you but about the collective consciousness of the whole board. Check the ego at the keyboard.

• Downvote 1