The Neighborhood Bully

2018-19 Official Season Discussion Thread

Sign me up for Deangelo Russell..

Wow....

Maybe not sign me up but yeah....

Wow... kings were up 28 in the 4th..they are now up by 2... FML

The Nets just came back down from 28 in the 4TH QUARTER to win....

***** the Kings...LOL

Basketball is a funny old game.

Just now, Jay Magic said:

The Nets just came back down from 28 in the 4TH QUARTER to win....

***** the Kings...LOL

Basketball is a funny old game.

A 28 point collapse in the 4th quarter... Hell.... Even we can't ***** about our team pulling that one off.

29 minutes ago, DirtDan2012 said:

A 28 point collapse in the 4th quarter... Hell.... Even we can't ***** about our team pulling that one off.

I was sat where I'm staying watching the game and said to my dad these guys are gonna come back when it was 20 down at the 8 min mark. The kings were absolutely diabolical. Russell is class.

But yeah we really didn't need that from them. But you've got to begrudgingly tip your hat to them..

We gotta win our games and focus on us but is hard.

I don't know what to do with Russell. He was bad for the 12 games since the all Star break but then explodes for the last two. Arguably won this one by himself. So he's streaky and goes on major cold spells but when he's hot he burns buildings down. 

1 hour ago, ?4thewin said:

I don't know what to do with Russell. He was bad for the 12 games since the all Star break but then explodes for the last two. Arguably won this one by himself. So he's streaky and goes on major cold spells but when he's hot he burns buildings down. 

As you stated we only will $16 million anyway so we can forget Russell.   It is obvious that some one and done's take time to develop.  Lakers gave up on Russell too early and looks like he will have a nice career.  I think we have the same, and actually even better in Fultz.  Philly's discard too early may become our Russell even better.

Getting outscored by 27 in a quarter is an exceptional feat... if I put in the numbers correctly, this is the 28th game since 1954 with a 27+ point differential in the 4th quarter.

5 minutes ago, ML6 said:

Getting outscored by 27 in a quarter is an exceptional feat.

And not good for our playoff chances.  I am starting to believe it will take 40 wins to get in.  I had Nets struggling to do that until last night.  If they beat Lakers in their next game they will be at 38 wins with 8 games left.    Even though their schedule is tough thye can eek out 2 wins to get to 40.  I project Miami to have 38 wins after they beat the Knicks on March 30th.  Then they need 2 wins in 6 games to get to 40 which they could easily do.  That means we need to go 7-4 in the last 11 games to get to 40.  Possible but definitely a tall order.  It would help if we could win at Miami on March 26th since i have that game as one of Miami's win.

• Downvote 1