The Neighborhood Bully

2018-19 Official Season Discussion Thread

4 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

We don't really have enough guys to have an overload yet. And this draft isn't a draft where you pick a guy and expect to be able to plug him in for 20 mpg immediately. 

We're going into next year with these players definitely:

Augustin-Fournier-Isaac-Gordon-Bamba

Fultz-?-iwundu-?-?

Briscoe-Frazier-?-?-Mozgov

There's a lot of ?s to fill. 

Not sure of Fournier.  Keep Iwundu. Everything depends on recovery for Brisco and Fultz.  Frazier needs playing time (PT).  Tim Mozgov, I just don't know what we are going to do with him.

10 hours ago, HeHateMe said:

Couldn’t agree more. I can’t watch another season being led by those 2. They’ve sucked the joy outta this franchise. Here we are in a “playoff push” and our “all star” has gone missing especially late in games. We get out hustled. No one seems to really care. Just need an entire franchise change. Please get the losers out of here. We all know who they are by now. 

Honestly, i think there were moves to be made and we just didn't do it. Getting a little excited about the playoffs was fun but i'm still pissed they decided to basically keep the same team this year. And the Fultz situation is a little bit of a nightmare. Even if he comes back at 80% of what he is supposed to be, he's a rookie.Our front office has some really big decisions this summer. We need the right pieces somehow, someway. 

12 minutes ago, hootie249 said:

Honestly, i think there were moves to be made and we just didn't do it. Getting a little excited about the playoffs was fun but i'm still pissed they decided to basically keep the same team this year. And the Fultz situation is a little bit of a nightmare. Even if he comes back at 80% of what he is supposed to be, he's a rookie.Our front office has some really big decisions this summer. We need the right pieces somehow, someway. 

I think the whole competing for a playoff spot for sure changed their mentalities. Also Vuch making the all star team. Hard to blow that up when most fans were excited about it at the time even though it really was all fools gold. 

I think we will see a lot of changes entering next season. I hope at least. 

5 minutes ago, HeHateMe said:

I think the whole competing for a playoff spot for sure changed their mentalities. Also Vuch making the all star team. Hard to blow that up when most fans were excited about it at the time even though it really was all fools gold. 

I think we will see a lot of changes entering next season. I hope at least. 

I don't think competing for a playoff spot changed anything. There's not a huge market for vucevic. There's definitely not a huge market for vucevic that returns long term pieces that fit our philosophy. 

The one move we did make is for a long term gamble that pays off nothing in the short term. 

I think we have a plan and that plan is smart (unless we start throwing a bunch of money at vucevic this summer)

3 minutes ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

The Blazers wanted to trade for Fournier a while ago, wonder what the deal would've looked like

They wanted us to take back Evan Turner

3 minutes ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

oof

Yeah. He expires after next year so it'd save us a year of salary.

We're at the point where it might just be best to see if we can rehabilitate his value unless some solid starting shooting guard is available for Mozgov and our pick. 

17 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

They wanted us to take back Evan Turner

Yes in defense of our front office, most of the insider trade offers i have heard the last two years have been horrible.

What i mean is the players rumored coming back to use have been awful. I suspect that teams have not bargained with us in good faith. So our new front office has turned down some really bad trades, which is good. Hopefully now teams will realize the Magic are not pushovers and we can be in on some mutually benificial trades.

If you still care about the path to the playoffs (which I get they've given us no reason to be optimistic) we basically need to tie Miami's record and beat them on March 26th (assuming Charlotte stays out of the playoffs). 

5 minutes ago, hootie249 said:

Yes in defense of our front office, most of the insider trade offers i have heard the last two years have been horrible.

What i mean is the players rumored coming back to use have been awful. I suspect that teams have not bargained with us in good faith. So our new front office has turned down some really bad trades, which is good. Hopefully now teams will realize the Magic are not pushovers and we can be in on some mutually benificial trades.

Everybody wants to give up bad players for good players. 

Look at us. We got Fultz for Simmons (who's remained terrible over there). 

2 hours ago, ?4thewin said:

If you still care about the path to the playoffs (which I get they've given us no reason to be optimistic) we basically need to tie Miami's record and beat them on March 26th (assuming Charlotte stays out of the playoffs). 

Appreciate this