The Neighborhood Bully

2018-19 Official Season Discussion Thread

Still holding onto some hope for the playoffs but it is dwindling rapidly.  I think game at Washington is a must win.  Then we will  have to win the next 4 games at home before a brutal 5 game stretch.  Already starting to peek at draft picks and position.  Another good young player who can shoot would be good.  It has been a fun year and I love our future.  Effort has been great but momentum was lost (I think due to All Star break) and playoff dreams may soon vanish then I think we can get to position 7 or 8 (Dallas looks like are going for position 6 to increase thir odds already since they keep their pick if it is 1-5)  in the lottery with the right attitude.

On 3/11/2019 at 10:06 AM, Originalticketholder said:

Definitely see long term gain with this roster minus Vuc but do not necessarily see short term pain as an absolute.  There will be some question marks and "ifs" but this year we saw Isaac CAN shoot three point shots well.  AND he can really play defense.  This being, in essence, his rookie year so he should improve even more next year.  I say some indications of him becoming a creator and initiator.   With his size and mismatch at 3 (height) or 4 (quickeness) I would add some low post moves to his game.   I think AG's game would absolutely get better with better guard play and Isaac's imnprovement.   But the big "If" is Fultz.  If he is healthy and takes over PG, his ability to create, initiate, break down defenses should only help AG and Isaac and even Bamba.  I saw enough of Bamba and some of his successful games to believe he is for real.  And, perhaps he can duplicate Isaac's growth of this year next year.  But he needs to play!!  Iwundu and Briscoe's play has been a bonus. Hope we resign Ross.   Maybe Frazier can start helping next year.  Still need a 2 and maybe we get a shooter/scorer in the draft this year.  Bottom line is I see a path to no short term pain.

I’m good with any reasonable plan that doesn’t depend on us purposely going backwards.  +1 from me.  

18 minutes ago, Originalticketholder said:

Still holding onto some hope for the playoffs but it is dwindling rapidly.  I think game at Washington is a must win.  Then we will  have to win the next 4 games at home before a brutal 5 game stretch.  Already starting to peek at draft picks and position.  Another good young player who can shoot would be good.  It has been a fun year and I love our future.  Effort has been great but momentum was lost (I think due to All Star break) and playoff dreams may soon vanish then I think we can get to position 7 or 8 (Dallas looks like are going for position 6 to increase thir odds already since they keep their pick if it is 1-5)  in the lottery with the right attitude.

None of these games are must win. We just have to accumulate 8 more wins in the next 14 games. If we win the next 5 that would be great because it means we can afford to go 3-6 in the last 9 but we're not at must win yet. 

I noticed people were talking about basketball video games the other day saying this season's NBA 2K is kinda boring. I haven't played a basketball video game in several years, but I noticed NBA Live 19 for PS4 is on sale on the PlayStation Store for only 4 bucks this week. I heard it was decent, I might give it a shot for 4 bucks.

21 minutes ago, jjgator said:

I noticed people were talking about basketball video games the other day saying this season's NBA 2K is kinda boring. I haven't played a basketball video game in several years, but I noticed NBA Live 19 for PS4 is on sale on the PlayStation Store for only 4 bucks this week. I heard it was decent, I might give it a shot for 4 bucks.

Someone said they should of bought a 4 for $4 instead lol.

11 hours ago, ?4thewin said:

None of these games are must win. We just have to accumulate 8 more wins in the next 14 games. If we win the next 5 that would be great because it means we can afford to go 3-6 in the last 9 but we're not at must win yet. 

If we lose any games eventually we will enocunter "must" wins.   Anything more than 3-6 in the last 9 games due to the competition is a stretch and unlikley based on how we have been playing so if 39 is the win number to get in the playoffs 5 game win streak is pretty much a necessity.  Losing to a team (Washington) that is chasing you would mean beating a team you would not be favored to beat.  Yes it can happen but I do not want to start counting on those improbabilities.

12 hours ago, JJZFL said:

I’m good with any reasonable plan that doesn’t depend on us purposely going backwards.  +1 from me.  

Thanks.  Cannot predict injuries but I think injuries is the only thing that makes us go backwards.  Otherwise Forward, ho!!!!!