The Neighborhood Bully

2018-19 Official Season Discussion Thread

So has anyone ever compared Vucevic and Cousins? 

I was watching their matchup last night and thought that the skill-set was similar. Cousins is a little more of a power-big where Vooch plays with more finesse...but they have similar games. 

They've been in the league about the same length. Demarcus averages more points but blocks, assists, and rebounds are all 1% or less between each other. Vooch has the better shooting percentages. 

Just thought that was a really interesting matchup to watch. Both have the capability to be a liability on defense too. 

The Comparison Link

1 hour ago, ?4thewin said:

So is briscoe. 

If Fultz is capable of playing you play him. He's better than briscoe and you want to get Fultz ready to play so you can avoid another jerian Grant situation. 

He might not be ready. But if he goes to management and says "I'm good" you play him

Tossing him into the first round of the playoffs isnt exactly easing him into a lowe pressure situation.  True no one expects us to do much if we get there. You're right about him being better than Beiscoe but Fultz probably doesnt even have a defined role yet with the team. 

38 minutes ago, Magicfan1987 said:

Tossing him into the first round of the playoffs isnt exactly easing him into a lowe pressure situation.  True no one expects us to do much if we get there. You're right about him being better than Beiscoe but Fultz probably doesnt even have a defined role yet with the team. 

I wouldn't toss him in to the playoffs. I'd play him the last dozen or so games in the season. If he doesn't get regular season games he won't play in the playoffs

1 hour ago, TrueBlueDrew said:

So has anyone ever compared Vucevic and Cousins? 

I was watching their matchup last night and thought that the skill-set was similar. Cousins is a little more of a power-big where Vooch plays with more finesse...but they have similar games. 

They've been in the league about the same length. Demarcus averages more points but blocks, assists, and rebounds are all 1% or less between each other. Vooch has the better shooting percentages. 

Just thought that was a really interesting matchup to watch. Both have the capability to be a liability on defense too. 

The Comparison Link

I prefer Vuch for all of the personality related issues that have plagued Cousins his entire career.

1 hour ago, Magicfan1987 said:

I would agree, that would be tempting, however, I think the kid should sit this season to include playoffs, in order to give him a bonifide freah start next season.

Sometimes I watch Jason Williams early highlights and feel cheated that he didn’t play during the Twitter era. 

38 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

Given his age and injury history, that’s a lot of jack. 

Just a half mil more than Fournier is making at 17.5 mil (Fournier being 17) rather enjoyed the surprising contract news this late in the season refreshing