The Neighborhood Bully

2018-19 Official Season Discussion Thread

13 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

I love reading Zach Lowe, but I hope we make the playoffs so he’ll stop with his shade. 

Yeah. 

It's fine that he is doubting us but he was pretty patronizing about our pre-all star run. 

Every slight by "basketball media" lately comes back to "lol, Augustin is their starting point guard" and "Gordon and Isaac are both tall so they can't play together" instead of objective analysis of what's actually happening. 

22 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

Yeah. 

It's fine that he is doubting us but he was pretty patronizing about our pre-all star run. 

Every slight by "basketball media" lately comes back to "lol, Augustin is their starting point guard" and "Gordon and Isaac are both tall so they can't play together" instead of objective analysis of what's actually happening. 

Yeah, I struggle caring about what the talking heads say when you can tell they obviously don’t consistently watch us.

1 hour ago, Soul Bro said:

I’ve got to give a shoutout to Welt-Ham for finding guys like Briscoe and Iwundu. Both are tough as nails and fitting exactly into the new culture of the Magic. As a fun fact, did you guys know that Briscoe has a famous cousin? Kyrie Irving.

Kyrie to the Magic confirmed

• Upvote 2

Anyone think we might hold out Bamba and/or Fultz even if they're ready before the end of the season?(since we're trying to make the playoffs)

2 minutes ago, jjgator said:

Anyone think we might hold out Bamba and/or Fultz even if they're ready before the end of the season?(since we're trying to make the playoffs)

Probably. 

Bamba's injury sucks because the rehab is basically "stay off your leg". His conditioning has gone to ****. 

He should be cleared to come back to basketball activities somewhere around March 18th  but that gives him 10 games left in the regular season and 3 weeks to get back in to game shape. It's best to hold him out unless we lose Birch or vucevic for some games. 

Fultz is different because he's in game shape in theory. As soon as he's cleared you play him because he's an upgrade to briscoe and considering they play almost identically I don't think it messes with our flow. 

5 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

Probably. 

Bamba's injury sucks because the rehab is basically "stay off your leg". His conditioning has gone to ****. 

He should be cleared to come back to basketball activities somewhere around March 18th  but that gives him 10 games left in the regular season and 3 weeks to get back in to game shape. It's best to hold him out unless we lose Birch or vucevic for some games. 

Fultz is different because he's in game shape in theory. As soon as he's cleared you play him because he's an upgrade to briscoe and considering they play almost identically I don't think it messes with our flow. 

Whats the downside to playing Fultz in the G-league? Any rules against it? 

I guess it's just up to management? I don't think it's the end of the world, but if he doesn't play anywhere before summer league it's going to be a PR nightmare.

10 minutes ago, hootie249 said:

Whats the downside to playing Fultz in the G-league? Any rules against it? 

I guess it's just up to management? I don't think it's the end of the world, but if he doesn't play anywhere before summer league it's going to be a PR nightmare.

There's no rule against it. 

Wherever he plays he's going to be hyper analyzed. Knocking off the rust in the g-league might hurt his confidence. Isaac looked like complete garbage in his g-league stint. 

3 hours ago, ?4thewin said:

Probably. 

Both are still <82 games played rookies. I wouldn't play them at all till training camp.

13 minutes ago, Magicfan1987 said:

Both are still <82 games played rookies. I wouldn't play them at all till training camp.

So is briscoe. 

If Fultz is capable of playing you play him. He's better than briscoe and you want to get Fultz ready to play so you can avoid another jerian Grant situation. 

He might not be ready. But if he goes to management and says "I'm good" you play him