The Neighborhood Bully

2018-19 Official Season Discussion Thread

38 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

So at the very least we're catching Golden State on the second night of a back to back where they had to play a full 48 minutes

Yea they ain’t bout to lose 2 strait. Thanks Wade. 

9 minutes ago, MagicOne said:

Thanks to Wade's extremely lucky shot the Warriors lost to the Heat tonight. With that being said the Magic have no chance to beat Golden State tomorrow night. None. Look for the Warriors to come out with a purpose and put it to bed rather early. It would have been better had the Warriors won tonight. Now the Magic must face their wrath and fury.

My thoughts exactly and just our luck.  What is the chance Curry and Durant go 7-26 on 3 point shots against us (0%?) and they still only lost by one AND a lucky shot at the end and they rested Cousins tonight.  Not looking good.

4 minutes ago, Jay Magic said:

So much pessimism on here. If we all collectively thought a bit more positive it would help 

Jay if there is one thing all of us should have learned about this basketball team in the last 6 years is that they are consistently inconsistent. You need to be more realistic here. Keep the expectation levels to a minimum. It has still been a great season by recent standards and it will still have been a great season even if they don't make the playoffs.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Jay Magic said:

So much pessimism on here. If we all collectively thought a bit more positive it would help 

Losing to Chicago and then the New York debacle does not exactly promote optimism since our path to the playoffs is so narrow.  I am still very positive long term (love the make up of our young core players) but realistic for this year at the same time.  We have very little room for error and we just "errored" on two of our last three games.  Not exactly confidence building performances.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, jjgator said:

Stan is doing the play by play with JVG in the Pelicans Lakers game right now.

It's a good game, love the way NO plays when AD is on the bench.

1 hour ago, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

My optimism is that if we play the way we did during the last winning streak we can beat anybody and if we don't anybody can beat us. It just depends on which Magic team shows up.

Precisely. And that is what I mean about the Magic being consistently inconsistent. I also think they don't necessarily have what it takes right now mentally to handle the pressure of trying to make the playoffs. When the pressure is on they tend to play hero ball and launch ill advised shots, and simultaneously forget how to play defense in stretches. It is all a process. This is a good building block for them moving forward even if they don't make the playoffs.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, MagicOne said:

Precisely. And that is what I mean about the Magic being consistently inconsistent. I also think they don't necessarily have what it takes right now mentally to handle the pressure of trying to make the playoffs. When the pressure is on they tend to play hero ball and launch ill advised shots, and simultaneously forget how to play defense in stretches. It is all a process. This is a good building block for them moving forward even if they don't make the playoffs.

So true. Our top 4 options in the starting lineup significantly lower their game in crunch time situations (Vuc, Fournier, DJ, Gordon).

But we can’t expect them to be good right away. Hopefully they can get through their jitters in time for us to make the playoffs