The Neighborhood Bully

2018-19 Official Season Discussion Thread

1 hour ago, ?4thewin said:

Kobe was always a player who's immense natural talent bailed him out of really dumb basketball decisions. 

Edit: I should add he also worked really hard and constantly added to his game. But my point was other players should stop trying to emulate Kobe because if Kobe was only 80% of what he was he'd be a pretty frustrating player. 

Insert J.R. Smith picture here

2 hours ago, ?4thewin said:

And our opponent field goal percentage within 6 feet from the basket is 2nd in the league over the past 10 games. 

We're not forcing turnovers, not getting fast breaks, not getting second chance points, not driving into the paint, not getting to the free throw line. 

We're just protecting the rim without fouling, not making mistakes on offense, and hitting open mid range jumpers

That sounds all unsustainable. Rather be forcing turnovers, creating fastbreaks ect. 

Just now, TheNameIsOrlando said:

That sounds all unsustainable. Rather be forcing turnovers, creating fastbreaks ect. 

It's the opposite. It's very sustainable because it's stuff we're doing, not telling on opponent mistakes

12 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

It's the opposite. It's very sustainable because it's stuff we're doing, not telling on opponent mistakes

Are we generally good at protecting the rim without fouling, not turning the ball over, and hitting mid range shots or is it more indicative of who we have played recently. 

Ultimately our schedule is similar the rest of the way so I guess it doesn't matter either way.  

21 minutes ago, TheNameIsOrlando said:

Are we generally good at protecting the rim without fouling, not turning the ball over, and hitting mid range shots or is it more indicative of who we have played recently. 

Ultimately our schedule is similar the rest of the way so I guess it doesn't matter either way.  

Many of those stats hold up as something we've been good at all season, they're just peaking now. 

34 minutes ago, D.B Cooper said:

In all seriousness someone pointed out that they moved Frazier back to Lakeland. Is this anything? 

No

How does this guy still have a job when both coaches and players rate you the worst?  He was not the one who made that call on Gordon last night at the end of the game (the foul that looked to me like it occurred after the shot and that did not alter the shot at all), was he?

Chris Paul says he has met with the league about Foster in the past and doesn’t know what else to do.

Chris Paul on his relationship with referee Scott Foster: “I don’t know what else to do - I’ve met with the league with him before. I don’t know what else to do.”
James Harden: “For sure it’s personal, for sure.”
Harden says Foster shouldn’t officiate Rockets games anymore.

Paul had an issue with Foster last year as well.

In a 2016 survey conducted by the Los Angeles Times, players and coaches named Foster the worst referee in the league — by a significant margin

It would be nice to win @ Toronto tomorrow. I know we have a few fans on this board in the UK so they'll be able to watch the game live at a good hour. Ross puts up 40+ on his old team.