The Neighborhood Bully

2018-19 Official Season Discussion Thread

36 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

I think you missed his point entirely

Would you put Orlando on the same scale as Boston, Golden State, the hope-to-be Lakers, Philly? 

No. We don't have superstars on our team. We have a bunch of young guys that look like they could grow into something. Lillard said that he didn't want to sell his soul for a championship. I wouldn't call coming to Orlando selling his soul because he wouldn't be joining superstars...he'd be coming here to lead our young guys. 

Yes, I am reading into it a little bit but I didn't hear in that clip that he just wants to stay in Portland his whole career. That's what the guys on undisputed were talking about when comparing him to Payton, KG, and the like. But all of those guys eventually left their teams too. Just saying. Our situation is not like others because we don't have stars. We have solid players that could use a veteran leader who is a star and could maybe make our other guys stars. 

21 minutes ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

We get smoked by both but I’d rather play Milwaukee 

We match up approximately eleventy billion times better with Toronto

19 minutes ago, TrueBlueDrew said:

Would you put Orlando on the same scale as Boston, Golden State, the hope-to-be Lakers, Philly? 

No. We don't have superstars on our team. We have a bunch of young guys that look like they could grow into something. Lillard said that he didn't want to sell his soul for a championship. I wouldn't call coming to Orlando selling his soul because he wouldn't be joining superstars...he'd be coming here to lead our young guys. 

Yes, I am reading into it a little bit but I didn't hear in that clip that he just wants to stay in Portland his whole career. That's what the guys on undisputed were talking about when comparing him to Payton, KG, and the like. But all of those guys eventually left their teams too. Just saying. Our situation is not like others because we don't have stars. We have solid players that could use a veteran leader who is a star and could maybe make our other guys stars. 

The entire point of the discussion was why he'll never ask for a trade and wants to just try to win in Portland.

42 minutes ago, ML6 said:

We match up approximately eleventy billion times better with Toronto

Milwaukee has a superstar with a shaky jumper and less experience than Toronto. We could surprise them on a bad night

Toronto is full of pros

1 minute ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

Milwaukee has a superstar with a shaky jumper and less experience than Toronto. We could surprise them on a bad night

Toronto is full of pros

Giannis is the one player that both Gordon and Isaac can't figure out how to defend. They're the top defense in the league. They have lineups that can play vucevic out of the game. 

Milwaukee's rotation is bledsoe-brogdon-Middleton-giannis-Lopez George Hill-Snell-ilyasova-Mirotic they're also full of pros. 

44 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

Giannis is the one player that both Gordon and Isaac can't figure out how to defend. They're the top defense in the league. They have lineups that can play vucevic out of the game. 

Milwaukee's rotation is bledsoe-brogdon-Middleton-giannis-Lopez George Hill-Snell-ilyasova-Mirotic they're also full of pros. 

Yeah, and their coach is top notch. I think Toronto and Milwaukee would get us in 4 or 5 games. Just making the playoffs would be huge for us, though. I'm not worried about the rest

36 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

Normally i love your analysis, but i disagree. Our strength is our front court. Toronto would annihilate us with Ibaka,Gasol, Siakam and of course Leonard.

Right now their back-court is limited offensively but can easily get the job done on defense.Add in the fact that Lowry,Green, Lin end even Powell and Vanvleet have more experience, it's a sweep.  They are only suffering in the 3 point department and age related decline.

I'll take the Bucks all day even knowing the advanced stats you posted. They are highley dependent on an MVP performance every night from Giannis and all the role-players they have are less experienced then their Toronto Counterparts. 

15 minutes ago, hootie249 said:

They are highley dependent on an MVP performance every night from Giannis and all the role-players they have are less experienced then their Toronto Counterparts. 

https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/a/antetgi01/gamelog/2019/

Point out like 3 games to me this season where he hasn’t given an MVP performance. It’s clockwork. His game isn’t affected by variance because he is utterly unstoppable when he decides he’s going to get to the rim. 

Just now, ML6 said:

https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/a/antetgi01/gamelog/2019/

Point out like 3 games to me this season where he hasn’t given an MVP performance. It’s clockwork. His game isn’t affected by variance because he is utterly unstoppable when he decides he’s going to get to the rim. 

Yeah i need to watch more Bucks games. The record speaks for itself, but i feel we could have more mismatches with the Bucks. 

I'm not impressed with the bench, i think it's has more to do with the system and Giannis. He is really playing at an MVP level. However, in the playoffs a great team match-up can get you few wins. I guess to make this short i still say the match-up with Toronto is much worse. 

6 minutes ago, hootie249 said:

I guess to make this short i still say the match-up with Toronto is much worse. 

There is no evidence from this season to support that. You’re projecting without supporting data. 

15 minutes ago, ML6 said:

There is no evidence from this season to support that. You’re projecting without supporting data. 

Luckily we don't have to wait long to see if i'm right. See you on Sunday. 

Honestly Milwaukee killed us when Giannis played, but so did Toronto when Kawhi played.

50 minutes ago, hootie249 said:

Normally i love your analysis, but i disagree. Our strength is our front court. Toronto would annihilate us with Ibaka,Gasol, Siakam and of course Leonard.

Right now their back-court is limited offensively but can easily get the job done on defense.Add in the fact that Lowry,Green, Lin end even Powell and Vanvleet have more experience, it's a sweep.  They are only suffering in the 3 point department and age related decline.

I'll take the Bucks all day even knowing the advanced stats you posted. They are highley dependent on an MVP performance every night from Giannis and all the role-players they have are less experienced then their Toronto Counterparts. 

We haven't had a single digit loss against Milwaukee with giannis. We've lost games by 22 and 10 points.

We blew out Toronto missing Lowry and lost on a buzzer beater with them at full strength. 

Kawhi's big strength is being able to take elite offensive guard/wing players out of games. We don't win games like that so no big deal there. We just sacrifice someone to Kawhi and play 4 on 4. 

We have defenders that bother Kawhi. We have defenders that bother siakam. 

Lowry and Green can't exploit Augustin and fournier. 

Bledsoe kills Augustin

Brogdon kills Fournier

Giannis kills Gordon and Isaac.