The Neighborhood Bully

2018-19 Official Season Discussion Thread

If the Magic win tomorrow night versus the Hornets they will be a half game behind both the Heat and the Pistons for the 8th spot, 1 game behind Charlotte for the 7th spot, and 3 games behind Brooklyn for the 6th spot. This game will also tell just how far we've come. Sort of like a measuring stick. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

4 minutes ago, Jay Magic said:

we just need to focus on us and if we win enough games we will be there.. I am very confident in our boys right now.

They are in a zone right now. If they maintain that defensive focus and intensity they can beat anybody. Including the Hornets! Defensive focus and intensity combined with ball movement and trust on offense. Or as I always say, "The Eye of the Tiger." Everything else will take care of itself.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

Vooch is averaging 12 ppg against the Hornets in the 2 games played this year. Zeller is averaging 11 ppg in the 2 games. We are averaging 94 ppg against them while shooting in the high 30's. They are not a good defensive team by any means which makes it even more baffling why they have had success against us. Basically it all comes down to who wants it more and mental toughness. In the first 2 games the Magic were beaten mentally which led to the lopsided losses. Things are different now. They are focused and determined. I expect a Magic win!

It's exciting for me to be breaking away from our losing culture and realistically looking to make the playoffs. I'm sure our guys are feeling the same way. Our destiny is in our own hands one game at a time. Many of the close games we lost to top tier teams we could have won without the collapses we had. Imagine what our record would be if we closed out those games the way we have played these last 4 games. We could beat anybody. GO Magic!

Hornets have won 13 times in a row against us. Last 3, in order, they’ve beaten us by 37, 32, and 25. So, we’re heading in the right direction, I guess? Would love to see the boys get this monkey off their back tomorrow night.

4 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

Hornets have won 13 times in a row against us. Last 3, in order, they’ve beaten us by 37, 32, and 25. So, we’re heading in the right direction, I guess? Would love to see the boys get this monkey off their back tomorrow night.

we will. This is not the same magic team. we got this. 

13 minutes ago, MagicOne said:

Vooch is averaging 12 ppg against the Hornets in the 2 games played this year. Zeller is averaging 11 ppg in the 2 games. We are averaging 94 ppg against them while shooting in the high 30's. They are not a good defensive team by any means which makes it even more baffling why they have had success against us. Basically it all comes down to who wants it more and mental toughness. In the first 2 games the Magic were beaten mentally which led to the lopsided losses. Things are different now. They are focused and determined. I expect a Magic win!

the was vooch not all star vooch hahaha

1 minute ago, All Eyes On Me said:

I predict we blow THEM out for a change. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

I predict we blow THEM out for a change. 

110-94 Magic win.  I wish the game could start right now!

1 minute ago, MagicOne said:

110-94 Magic win.  I wish the game could start right now!

Vuc with 27 & 17, JI with 5 blocks again, Kemba held to 18, All starters in double figures, DJ with a double double,  Briscoe with a highlight block on Kemba, AG with awesome defense and 18 & 8. Let's see how close I get :D