Jump to content
The Neighborhood Bully

2018-19 Official Season Discussion Thread

Recommended Posts

13 minutes ago, magicblue said:

I feel much more optimistic today than I did two weeks ago about the potential for internal growth. A lot of that is based almost exclusively on the improvements were witnessing in Isaac.

Iwundu too. His improvement isn't as flashy but a 7th man is still really important and he's averaging 7 points and 4 rpg on 50/57/77 shooting over this 6 game streak. That's what we need from him

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

Iwundu too. His improvement isn't as flashy but a 7th man is still really important and he's averaging 7 points and 4 rpg on 50/57/77 shooting over this 6 game streak. That's what we need from him

Agreed. Has anyone noticed that DJ has really increased the pace over the past three games or so? We just seem to be playing much faster

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, magicblue said:

Agreed. Has anyone noticed that DJ has really increased the pace over the past three games or so? We just seem to be playing much faster

I think it might be a result of opponent but it's really playing in to guy's strengths. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

I think it might be a result of opponent but it's really playing in to guy's strengths. 

I think its a style we could maintain with Vuc in the lineup also. Push the ball with 3 to 4 guys streaking out and then if nothing is there you can hit Vuc at the top of the arch for three or set up the halfcourt offense.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, magicblue said:

I think its a style we could maintain with Vuc in the lineup also. Push the ball with 3 to 4 guys streaking out and then if nothing is there you can hit Vuc at the top of the arch for three or set up the halfcourt offense.

I checked the numbers and it seems like there's not really a big difference in pace except when iwundu is in the game and it jumps significantly. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

I checked the numbers and it seems like there's not really a big difference in pace except when iwundu is in the game and it jumps significantly. 

It might also be that Augustin is playing more aggressively. That's what I'm seeing anyways

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

I checked the numbers and it seems like there's not really a big difference in pace except when iwundu is in the game and it jumps significantly. 

Might be a fun base second unit lineup of Fultz/Iwundu/Ross/Birch  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, magicblue said:

It might also be that Augustin is playing more aggressively. That's what I'm seeing anyways

Yeah it's definitely a thing. Just might not be present in the statistics.

Like we're giving up more offensive rebounds lately too (though we really lock in on defense after give up an offensive rebounds because opponents are getting pretty much no second chance points which is weird) so maybe our "pace" (speed) has increased but our pace (possessions per game) hasn't. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, HeHateMe said:

Might be a fun base second unit lineup of Fultz/Iwundu/Ross/Birch  

Yeah. 

I mean it's already fun and in my mind I'm pretty much considering briscoe as a Fultz placeholder as they're basically the same player with the exception that Fultz should be better than briscoe's 3.7 ppg on 38/17/100 shooting. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

Yeah. 

I mean it's already fun and in my mind I'm pretty much considering briscoe as a Fultz placeholder as they're basically the same player with the exception that Fultz should be better than briscoe's 3.7 ppg on 38/17/100 shooting. 

Its crazy to think that if Fultz comes back healthy, PG should be a position of relative strength and depth going forward.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, magicblue said:

Its crazy to think that if Fultz comes back healthy, PG should be a position of relative strength and depth going forward.

Fultz really fixes everything from a team building standpoint. Increases young talent. Gives us a potentially elite scorer to develop. Gives us a vision of a team that has an identity that they can execute at an elite level. 

Now it all might fall apart but we should at least have some peace of mind over the next 18 months. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, ?4thewin said:

Think our goal needs to be 14-11. That's tough but it's doable. 

we are going to go 17 & 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×