Jump to content
The Neighborhood Bully

2018-19 Official Season Discussion Thread

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, ?4thewin said:

No. It's expected for him to probably miss the season. 

As long as it's not a concern

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ?4thewin said:

Nah I think in Fultz case they heard hoofbeats and thought horses, not zebras. 

But Fultz, zhaire Smith's weird situation, Ben Simmons missing a bunch of time. Embiid missing a bunch of time. 

Seems weird. 

Kawhi's issue last year was he felt he was misdiagnosed then rushed back. 

Just step one in Fultz issues where "it feels like someone is holding my arms down", that's not psychological. 

You underestimate them. These guys in the tertiary centers spend their careers dealing with difficult cases sent to them because other physicians are having difficulty.  They’re trained to consider zebras because they see them regularly.  People with subjective complaints that can’t be objectively verified can be difficult for any physician.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, JJZFL said:

You underestimate them. These guys in the tertiary centers spend their careers dealing with difficult cases sent to them because other physicians are having difficulty.  They’re trained to consider zebras because they see them regularly.  People with subjective complaints that can’t be objectively verified can be difficult for any physician.  

Maybe I'm biased because my dad died when an expert diagnosed horses and my mom said "why horses? Are you sure it's not zebras. Can you rule out zebras? Here just humor me for a second and read this research about zebras." And the expert in his field specialist responded "stop it. I'm the specialist. He doesn't fit any of the expected genetic or demographic categories for zebras, his family has no history of zebras. There's no way it's zebras". 

And then during the surgery to fix the horses, they found the zebras and it was stage 4 zebras. 

 

So I don't think it's implausible for a renowned specialist to say "Fultz is a 19 year old basketball player with no history of traumatic injury. We can rule out TOS immediately because it doesn't fit his history."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

Maybe I'm biased because my dad died when an expert diagnosed horses and my mom said "why horses? Are you sure it's not zebras. Can you rule out zebras? Here just humor me for a second and read this research about zebras." And the expert in his field specialist responded "stop it. I'm the specialist. He doesn't fit any of the expected genetic or demographic categories for zebras, his family has no history of zebras. There's no way it's zebras". 

And then during the surgery to fix the horses, they found the zebras and it was stage 4 zebras. 

 

So I don't think it's implausible for a renowned specialist to say "Fultz is a 19 year old basketball player with no history of traumatic injury. We can rule out TOS immediately because it doesn't fit his history."

You’re overgeneralizing from what admittedly sounds like a terrible personal experience.  I’m not talking about community specialists here.  The quality there is very uneven.  I’m talking about the docs at the best tertiary centers, such as Mayo and others.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, JJZFL said:

You underestimate them. These guys in the tertiary centers spend their careers dealing with difficult cases sent to them because other physicians are having difficulty.  They’re trained to consider zebras because they see them regularly.  People with subjective complaints that can’t be objectively verified can be difficult for any physician.  

My hope, as I would think for all of us, is that they now have the diagnosis correct.  If so we will have an all star player that we just traded for.  Because if diagnosis is accurate, treatment and prognosis for recovery are very good.   Not talking to ex shooting coach not a concern for me because as a golfer I watch the pro golfers change their coaches all the time with no impact.  I am sure Fultz was frustrated and felt he needed a change.  Hoping Philly had this one wrong and we are the beneficiary.  About time for a break for us.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I see a situation on the horizon: I’m assuming our FO spoke with Ross prior to trade deadline and logic would indicate that he is open to resigning with us. The question is: is he gonna get paid starter dollars and if so will he replace EF? I can’t see a bench player making 17 mil on purpose or am I wrong? EF has not had a good year, but he’s Vuch’s buddy and I do believe Vuch will resign on a 2/3 year deal. How does the board think this will play out? EF is closer in age to our core, but (The Human Torch) is more impactful. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm guessing the FO had a talk with TRoss before the trade and had he indicated he wanted too much money or wanted to sign elsewhere they would have traded him instead of Simmons. I would guess we have already talked with Vuc too or we would have taken the best offer for him.

  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Magicpassion said:

I see a situation on the horizon: I’m assuming our FO spoke with Ross prior to trade deadline and logic would indicate that is is open to resigning with us. The question is: is he gonna get paid starter dollars and if so will he replace EF? I can’t see a bench player making 17 mil on purpose or am I wrong? EF has not had a good year, but he’s Vuch’s buddy and I do believe Vuch will resign on a 2/3 year deal. How does the board think this will play out? EF is closer in age to our core, but (The Human Torch) is more impactful. 

I think in May we'll give him 4/56 and that's at normal 6th man money. 

I like Ross but think about our roster construction.

If Fultz starts, DJ is the exact backup you'd want and briscoe is the exact third guy you'd want. He plays like Fultz. He plays differently than Augustin. He's young and cheap. 

Ross is the exact guy you want coming off the bench as a 6th man. Spree scorer. Shooter. 

Iwundu is the exact guy you want next to Ross. Defender. Versatile. Energy. 

Isaac, Gordon and Bamba are the long term building blocks.  

We're either going to keep vucevic or sign a cheap backup at center. 

Martin is theoretically what you want in his position as a 10th man. You either keep him or find a replica basically. 

The other spots are young or old guys that shouldn't expect to play. 

Fournier is the spot we need to find an upgrade. 

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

Fournier is the spot we need to find an upgrade. 

Yeah we definitely need more consistent shooting at the 2 spot. Are there any 2's in our range in the upcoming draft that you think are good enough to step in and start? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

Yeah we definitely need more consistent shooting at the 2 spot. Are there any 2's in our range in the upcoming draft that you think are good enough to step in and start? 

     I have no doubt right now the plan is to sign a scoring wing. This time someone who is less of a project, and more of a pure shooter.

I would imagine this person will also have to be tall with a huge wingspan, just a feeling i have.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With Mosgov and Augustin coming off the books after next year and Fournier the year after why in the world would you tie up any long term cap flexiblity on Vooch or Ross?  Also if Isaac and Fultz work out the way we hope we are going to have to pay them eventually.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×