The Neighborhood Bully

2018-19 Official Season Discussion Thread

7 minutes ago, random said:

Fans dont get discount on tickets and expect to see full product. Thats what it comes down to. For some people its once in a lifetime chance to visit a city or go see a team play, and then get what, DNP on super star of the team?

That story also goes into a lot of stuff I was alluding to when someone suggested we sit Gordon and Vuc for the last 25 games last year. 

9 hours ago, ?4thewin said:

Lowe has been down on Fultz since November because his source believes Fultz has nothing wrong with him, it's all in his head, and Fultz shopped for that diagnosis. 

This thought process comes from someone who probably never had to be an advocate for themselves or a loved one medically. Doctors aren't all knowing. They're review the symptoms, treat the most likely outcome machines. Sometimes if you have a rare issue you need to search for a correct diagnosis. 

There's some evidence over the last few years that the Philly medical staff isn't particularly good at their jobs.  "It's all in your head" is exactly the sort of thing that incompetent and/or lazy doctors will say, I've seen it too many times. 

If Lowe's source is indeed associated with the Philly medical staff, then all of that would follow.  Ultimately who knows though; if it is all mental then hopefully being in a more relaxed environment will help him get right.  

• Upvote 1

Watched Kings-Heat just now.  Heat controlled the game all the way through and then SAC ends on a 19-2 run to win.  Nice.

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, jjgator said:

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/25954077/nba-stressed-rest-rule-100k-fine-pelicans-anthony-davis

I guess I kind of get this, but the league really shouldn't get involved in this. Teams should have a right to play whatever players they want. Say they wanted to play a player only a little bit because of a matchup issue. Would the league fine them if it was a 'star' player? Where do you draw the line? Didn't Pops get in trouble a while back for resting healthy players, but he was doing it for the good of the team?

Yeah, I think it's a slippery slope. Can you force a coach to play the players you want him to play? What if AD gets hurt and tanks his trade value? Will the league gift them assets?

4 hours ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

Yeah, I think it's a slippery slope. Can you force a coach to play the players you want him to play? What if AD gets hurt and tanks his trade value? Will the league gift them assets?

Only if theres no plausible reason to sit those players.