The Neighborhood Bully

2018-19 Official Season Discussion Thread

would you guys stretch Mozgov for more capspace? If we don't keep Vuc and/or Ross, is there a reason to go after a high-dollar player when this team isn't ready? I think we have a good mix now, and depending on how we finish, determines if we make moves to be more competitive or just stay the course with the kids.  Or do you keep Mozgov's contract whole to use as a big expiring next season and make a run a big trade target?

16 minutes ago, ML6 said:

I continue to be confused by Lowe of all people still pushing the “what is Orlando doing” narrative. His assessment of yesterday’s deal is that we are still “wandering”. Idk, maybe we’re biased bc we’re fans of the team but that seems like a pretty obvious & straightforward trade to make. Buying low on a skilled prospect. 

Lowe has been down on Fultz since November because his source believes Fultz has nothing wrong with him, it's all in his head, and Fultz shopped for that diagnosis. 

This thought process comes from someone who probably never had to be an advocate for themselves or a loved one medically. Doctors aren't all knowing. They're review the symptoms, treat the most likely outcome machines. Sometimes if you have a rare issue you need to search for a correct diagnosis. 

5 minutes ago, Nyce_1 said:

would you guys stretch Mozgov for more capspace? If we don't keep Vuc and/or Ross, is there a reason to go after a high-dollar player when this team isn't ready? I think we have a good mix now, and depending on how we finish, determines if we make moves to be more competitive or just stay the course with the kids.  Or do you keep Mozgov's contract whole to use as a big expiring next season and make a run a big trade target?

If say Kris Middleton wants to come here for some reason you stretch Mozgov. 

You don't preemptively stretch Mozgov and then shop

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, 45degree said:

I would be really surprise if we don`t keep Vuc this summer, our FO will not let an above average center that wants to be here walk. This plus Bamba needing playing time, means we will lose Birch in the off-season, right? And delay Bamba evolution.

The alternative is losing Vuc, keeping Birch and let Bamba start. I don`t love that either.

Right now I really want option 2 to happen.

I don’t even like playing your star rookie off the bench for 1 season, much less 2

Start Bamba and let Vuc walk. Re-sign Birch and Ross for bench depth

13 minutes ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

Right now I really want option 2 to happen.

I don’t even like playing your star rookie off the bench for 1 season, much less 2

Start Bamba and let Vuc walk. Re-sign Birch and Ross for bench depth

Vuch needs to not get resigned. It would be extremely disappointing to keep him hear and tie up more longterm money when we invested a top 6 pick on a center. Bamba needs to play next year. I would rather keep Birch around to backup Bamba rather than Vuch staying to start. 

Its not because I think Vuch is awful. We have a chance to get a lot of money off the books after next year I don’t want to be locking down players that have anchored mediocrity at best for years. 

Lets aim higher. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, HeHateMe said:

Vuch needs to not get resigned. It would be extremely disappointing to keep him hear and tie up more longterm money when we invested a top 6 pick on a center. Bamba needs to play next year. I would rather keep Birch around to backup Bamba rather than Vuch staying to start. 

Its not because I think Vuch is awful. We have a chance to get a lot of money off the books after next year I don’t want to be locking down players that have anchored mediocrity at best for years. 

Lets aim higher. 

Pretty much. And Fultz and Bamba won't develop by playing 15 mins per game. They need a lot of playing time to play through their mistakes.

I wouldn't be surprised if our young lineup got us as many wins as we have this year with Vuc/Fournier/Augustin etc.

2 minutes ago, HeHateMe said:

Lets aim higher. 

Yeah. You can't take super speedy athletic  guy Fultz, dunk contest contestant Terrence Ross, slowly turning into a really good cutter Isaac who's been pretty smooth lately attacking unbalanced defenses and getting to the rim, dunk contest contestant Gordon, super agile Bamba, and then pair them with vucevic (and really Fournier too). 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

Yeah. You can't take super speedy athletic  guy Fultz, dunk contest contestant Terrence Ross, slowly turning into a really good cutter Isaac who's been pretty smooth lately attacking unbalanced defenses and getting to the rim, dunk contest contestant Gordon, super agile Bamba, and then pair them with vucevic (and really Fournier too). 

Have the front office stick this in their refrigerators

1 minute ago, ?4thewin said:

Last I checked we were third to last in the league in pace. That’s probably like 80% from running everything through Vuch. For this team we’ve assembled to have any shot st reaching their potential we have to play faster. 

We are absolutely neutering BIG, and now Fultz, if we continue to play at such a slow pace. 

I’m happy Vuch made an all star game. That doesn’t remotely change my feelings on him moving forward though.