The Neighborhood Bully

2018-19 Official Season Discussion Thread

1 minute ago, JJZFL said:

Not on the Bamba train myself.  Not seeing sustained effort or any sense of ownership from him.  If he gets beat, doesn’t seem to care, moves on to the next play.  All the good-great players are highly competitive.  Maybe Bamba personality just doesn’t show it much but I’m concerned.  

How many videos are online of Harden and Durant just letting people score? Are they not competitive? 

Not remotely comparing Bamba to those 2 but I don’t agree with the statement in general. 

This board can be funny. Certain guys can do no wrong (AG) than other guys are written off 20 games into their nba careers. 

31 minutes ago, hootie249 said:

Also the main reason i keep bringing up trades. Drafting the point guard of the future means we are essentially rebuilding.

We are 

25 minutes ago, JJZFL said:

Not on the Bamba train myself.  Not seeing sustained effort or any sense of ownership from him.  If he gets beat, doesn’t seem to care, moves on to the next play.  All the good-great players are highly competitive.  Maybe Bamba personality just doesn’t show it much but I’m concerned.  

Again, that's pretty normal for a rookie. Especially one who has a coach that constantly screams "DON'T FOUL!"

23 minutes ago, HeHateMe said:

How many videos are online of Harden and Durant just letting people score? Are they not competitive? 

Not remotely comparing Bamba to those 2 but I don’t agree with the statement in general. 

This board can be funny. Certain guys can do no wrong (AG) than other guys are written off 20 games into their nba careers. 

You just hate Gordon

33 minutes ago, hootie249 said:

Which players have the Magic drafted that were proven to be above average?

1989 -- Nick Anderson (11), Michael Ansley (37)

1990 -- Dennis Scott (4)

1991 -- Brian Williams (10), Stanley Roberts (23), Chris Corchiani (36)

1992 -- Shaquille O'Neal (1)

1993 -- Chris Webber (1), Geert Hammink (26)

1994 -- Brooks Thompson (27), Rodney Dent (31)

1995 -- David Vaughn (25)

1996 -- Brian Evans (27), Amal McCaskill (49)

1997 -- Johnny Taylor (17), Eric Washington (47)

1998 -- Michael Doleac (12), Keon Clark (13), Matt Harpring (15)

1999 -- Laron Profit (38)

2000 -- Mike Miller (5), Keyon Dooling (10), Courtney Alexander (13)

2001 -- Steven Hunter (15), Jeryl Sasser (22), Omar Cook (32)

2002 -- Curtis Borchardt (18)

2003 -- Reece Gaines (15), Zaza Pachulia (42)

2004 -- Dwight Howard (1), Anderson Varejao (30), Antonio Burks (36)

2005 -- Fran Vazquez (11), Travis Diener (38), Martynas Andriuskevicius (44)

2006 -- JJ Reddick (11), James Augustine (41), Lior Eliyahu (44)

2007 -- Reyshawn Terry (44)

2008 -- Courtney Lee (22)

2009 -- 

2010 -- Daniel Orton (29), Stanley Robinson (59)

2011 -- DeAndre Liggins (53)

2012 -- Andrew Nicholson (19), Kyle O'Quinn (49)

2013 -- Victor Oladipo (2), Romero Osby (51)

2014 -- Aaron Gordon (4), Dario Saric (12)

2015 -- Mario Hezonja (5), Tyler Harvey (51)

2016 -- Domantas Sabonis (11), Stephen Zimmerman (41), Jake Layman (47)

2017 -- Jonathan Isaac (6), Anzejs Pasecniks (25), Wesley Iwundu (33), Ivan Rabb (35)

2018 -- Mohamed Bamba (6), Melvin Frazier (35), Jarred Vanderbilt (41)

7 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

You just hate Gordon

He gets literally every pass in the world on here. Ever since he was drafted it’s been nothing but excuses for him. It’s always the coach or the system or the players around him.

I don’t hate him. I think he’s incredibly overrated but I don’t have an ounce of hate towards a player who is a hard worker and has never said anything negative about the organization. He’s a good guy and a solid player but I don’t and never have seen what others do on here towards him. I’ve pretty much always said he’s a good 3rd option. But I’ll never forget there were legit multiple people on here who said he was the next Lebron. 

Any my only main issue is he’s the 1 player you’re not allowed to be critical of on this forum despite him making the most money. I’m just wondering when it’s ok to just admit he’s a good not great player?

I still think he’s better suited playing the 4. 

To my original point can you imagine if someone spoke as negatively as they are towards Bamba right now during AG’e rookie year? 

That person would have been outed and banned from the forum. 

All I’m saying is certain players get a pass and certain players don’t. Even when Fournier was having productive years people lit him up. I get every team needs a player that takes the grunt of the abuse but I don’t get how quickly people are turning on Bamba.

4 minutes ago, TrueBlueDrew said:

2000 -- Mike Miller (5), Keyon Dooling (10), Courtney Alexander (13)

Also think about this... we added these guys in 2000. 

We also signed Tracey McGrady, had an injured Grant Hill and Chauncey Billups. We also just traded Ben Wallace for Grant Hill. And apparently would have signed Tim Duncan if Doc Rivers would've let Duncan bring his girlfriend/fiance on the team plane.

#WhatCouldHaveBeen

15 minutes ago, TrueBlueDrew said:

Also think about this... we added these guys in 2000. 

We also signed Tracey McGrady, had an injured Grant Hill and Chauncey Billups. We also just traded Ben Wallace for Grant Hill. And apparently would have signed Tim Duncan if Doc Rivers would've let Duncan bring his girlfriend/fiance on the team plane.

#WhatCouldHaveBeen

I remember at the time Grant could have just signed with us, but we let his agent steamroll us into doing a sign and trade. Other teams were doing it at the time, still sucks.

Basically we only draft well with a top 3 pick and we have always had questionable front office moves.

I wish we had kept Stan ,Reddick  and Ish. Maybe we don't draft Dipo, oh well.

53 minutes ago, HeHateMe said:

Not writing him off, but concerned.  Hopefully my concerns will turn out to be wrong.  Bamba’s over 50 games into his NBA career, not 20, but he’s still a rookie.  Again, not writing him off, just not as impressed as I hoped I’d be.  

9 minutes ago, HeHateMe said:

He gets literally every pass in the world on here. Ever since he was drafted it’s been nothing but excuses for him. It’s always the coach or the system or the players around him.

I don’t hate him. I think he’s incredibly overrated but I don’t have an ounce of hate towards a player who is a hard worker and has never said anything negative about the organization. He’s a good guy and a solid player but I don’t and never have seen what others do on here towards him. I’ve pretty much always said he’s a good 3rd option. But I’ll never forget there were legit multiple people on here who said he was the next Lebron. 

Any my only main issue is he’s the 1 player you’re not allowed to be critical of on this forum despite him making the most money. I’m just wondering when it’s ok to just admit he’s a good not great player?

I still think he’s better suited playing the 4. 

1. You keep making **** up about people saying Gordon is LeBron. I went through every post on this site that mentions both and there's only two statements that refer to Gordon as LeBron. The first was a troll post from Catalina during one of his better games. The second was me during his crazy summer league game where I was just being hyperbolic. Nobody ever seriously made this comparison. 

2. We don't really know what he is yet. He hasn't plateaued. His shooting efficiency is up. He keeps adding unexpected wrinkles to his game (like averaging 4.2 assists per game the last 26 games) don't know what he looks like in the future. 

3. You said the same thing about oladipo 

4. What position do you think he's playing?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, hootie249 said:

I remember at the time Grant could have just signed with us, but we let his agent steamroll us into doing a sign and trade. Other teams were doing it at the time, still sucks.

Basically we only draft well with a top 3 pick and we have always had questionable front office moves.

I wish we had kept Stan ,Reddick  and Ish. Maybe we don't draft Dipo, oh well.

Yeah, I think our Front Office have made some really bad moves over the year. 

I think Henny had a chance to make something pretty special with Payton, Dipo, Harris, AG, Vuc which would've helped us recover since 2012. But they were too impatient and now we had to start over. 

It seems like this new FO is being super patient, which I'm glad about, I just want to make sure they know what they're doing moving forward. Can't draft all these great guys and not develop them into their full potential. A player development staff is just as important as drafting the right guys.