The Neighborhood Bully

2018-19 Official Season Discussion Thread

8 hours ago, ?4thewin said:

Gordon

nah... Gordon is not like that and I dont want him to take that role. He is not a SG. It Is not his game. That proves my point. If you think that our PF is the guy shooting 6 3's per game, then we have a problem. 

I dont think he has made more that 5 3's more than once this season. Correct me if I am wrong. But again, I dont want him to take that many 3's.  

We need a SG capable of doing that. Ross is doing that for us and very well indeed but  he might not be in our roster in the near future. I wish we can find the way to trade Fournier for the likes of Beal, Booker or Thompson :)..  I know, I know .... is Not happening but a more realistic scenario is trading Fournier for short term rentals in Belinelli JR Smith or Korver and move Ross into the starting lineup and and extend him for 3-4 years. It will not affect cap and we can still get our PG in the offseason. 

I know people here keep going back and forth in the Wiggins trade. I know his salary length is awful but I dont think will be bad idea to consider trading for him AS LONG AS TYUS JONES is INCLUDED in any trade scenario. Not many people are talking about him here as an option but I have seen him playing and he is a extremely talented PG. High IQ with Decent court vision and shooting skills. 

A line up of  Tyus, Wiggins, Isaac, Gordon and Bamba for 4 years to come is not that bad at all. This is a young core that you can work for the next 4-5 years.  We can easely compete for the top 4 spots in the East for years to come. Our cap will be compromised for 4 years but I am willing accept that as we will finally have a core of guys that can grow together. We can worry on Isaac and Bamba extension option once it is their time and see if they deserve that extension. We can worry about that when time comes. 

24 minutes ago, Jay Magic said:

Guys would any of you trade Mo Bamba? Literally just asking...

Too early.. lets not do another Oladipo like move Just yet. I will wait til next year. 

Bamba can end up been either a  Capela or Noel type of player.   But he is currently olaying like 14mpg which is really not enough to make a desicion just yet. I want to see how he does next year with more playing time. 

2 hours ago, magicdoc1 said:

nah... Gordon is not like that and I dont want him to take that role. He is not a SG. It Is not his game. That proves my point. If you think that our PF is the guy shooting 6 3's per game, then we have a problem. 

I dont think he has made more that 5 3's more than once this season. Correct me if I am wrong. But again, I dont want him to take that many 3's.  

We need a SG capable of doing that. Ross is doing that for us and very well indeed but  he might not be in our roster in the near future. I wish we can find the way to trade Fournier for the likes of Beal, Booker or Thompson :)..  I know, I know .... is Not happening but a more realistic scenario is trading Fournier for short term rentals in Belinelli JR Smith or Korver and move Ross into the starting lineup and and extend him for 3-4 years. It will not affect cap and we can still get our PG in the offseason. 

I know people here keep going back and forth in the Wiggins trade. I know his salary length is awful but I dont think will be bad idea to consider trading for him AS LONG AS TYUS JONES is INCLUDED in any trade scenario. Not many people are talking about him here as an option but I have seen him playing and he is a extremely talented PG. High IQ with Decent court vision and shooting skills. 

A line up of  Tyus, Wiggins, Isaac, Gordon and Bamba for 4 years to come is not that bad at all. This is a young core that you can work for the next 4-5 years.  We can easely compete for the top 4 spots in the East for years to come. Our cap will be compromised for 4 years but I am willing accept that as we will finally have a core of guys that can grow together. We can worry on Isaac and Bamba extension option once it is their time and see if they deserve that extension. We can worry about that when time comes. 

You asked who can hit 6 threes in a game then shoot 27% over the next 5 games. 

That's Gordon.

1 hour ago, Jay Magic said:

Nah. Not in a typical trade. For a Lillard type guy, definitely. 

He's having a predictable rookie season. He's shown flashes of high level rim protection that deters players from going into the paint. He's shown flashes of shooting. He's shown flashes of ball handling ability. He's shown the desire to be great. 

He's bad half the time but that's normal. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, magicdoc1 said:

Gordon hit 6 threes last year.

2 hours ago, Jay Magic said:

I’d certainly listen to offers. I’m concerned with his motor and only able to play the 5.  I’d consider DSJr. I heard Cuban liked Bamba.