The Neighborhood Bully

2018-19 Official Season Discussion Thread

As bad as we have been we are right in this thing still.. we actually can finish anywhere between 6-8 if....IF.. we get out team on the right track.....Crazy!

28 minutes ago, Jay Magic said:

As bad as we have been we are right in this thing still.. we actually can finish anywhere between 6-8 if....IF.. we get out team on the right track.....Crazy!

I don't see how this is a positive in the least bit. If we make the playoffs with a terrible record we are still terrible. It shows no improvement.  

33 minutes ago, TheNameIsOrlando said:

I don't see how this is a positive in the least bit. If we make the playoffs with a terrible record we are still terrible. It shows no improvement.  

If we make the playoffs I'd imagine it gets the players massive learning experiences of that sort of playing environment and would be a excellent for them moving forward?

I hear what you are saying though

This is random but our rebounding to me has also been a issue..PG obviously.

Would anybody be interested in say Enes Kanter & Trey Burke 

For say Mozgov..Grant & a pick..

DJ ..Evan..Isaac..AG..Vooch..

Burke..Simmons..Ross..Kanter.. Bamba

3 hours ago, Jay Magic said:

We’d still suck.

5 hours ago, Jay Magic said:

You can't play kanter and Bamba at the same time

4 hours ago, ?4thewin said:

You can't play kanter and Bamba at the same time

Yeah we won't need to rebound because the other team won't miss

10 hours ago, Jay Magic said:

Seems like more of a lateral move. 

I know technically we’re still close record wise to making the playoffs but realistically we are the 7th worst team in the league right now. This draft is extremely talented, I say we call the season what it is which is a failure, trade VUC and Fournier asap and run a youth movement line up the rest of the season. Let’s get a high draft pick and hope it’s Zion or RJ 

``I’ve got to play better, be more efficient and it all basically comes down to me playing better on the offensive end,’’ said Gordon, who made just three of 13 shots and one of five 3-pointers in Monday’s 111-95 loss in Sacramento. ``I’ve got to make shots, I’ve got to create shots and I’ve got to be better.’’

``I’ve got to be more efficient scoring the ball,’’ Gordon said. ``I feel like I’ve been very passive and that’s a great thing for my teammates. But for us to win the game, I’ve got to score the ball.

``Each game is different with the way that they are guarding me, but I can’t lose confidence in my abilities,’’ he added. ``I’ve got to keep shooting the ball. We just have to make shots and keep shooting. It’s going to come back around.’’

Gordon Focused on Trying to be More Efficient

I think Gordon has largely been the most consistent player on this team this year. With that said it's nice to see him take ownership of his bad offensive play. It sounds to me that Gordon realizes he has to be "the guy" for us to succeed. I was losing interest in this season but I will be tuned in tonight to see how Gordon responds. 

15 minutes ago, KRISH10 said:

I know technically we’re still close record wise to making the playoffs but realistically we are the 7th worst team in the league right now. This draft is extremely talented, I say we call the season what it is which is a failure, trade VUC and Fournier asap and run a youth movement line up the rest of the season. Let’s get a high draft pick and hope it’s Zion or RJ 

1. This isn't a deep draft.

2. It's highly unlikely we catch Atlanta at 5. If we replicate the second half of last year we're going to end up with 30 wins. We have a very easy schedule remaining. 9 games left against bottom 5 teams. 

3. If we finish 6th we have a 81.8% chance of not picking Zion or Barrett. We would have a 50.3% chance of picking 7th or 8th. If we go all out for the playoffs and aren't good enough to make it we probably finish 9th. Our odds of getting Zion or Barrett only drop to 9.3%. 

4. The guys available at 6 (most likely 7th or 8th) aren't really different than the guys available at 9 (most likely 9th)

5. This is a bad draft outside of the top 3. There are useful players. Someone is going to be good outside of the lottery but it's going to be impossible to project that guy. That's why there's reports that GMs hate this draft. 

Ultimately it's just a really bad idea to tank at this point in the season. We should know by now that it's a bad idea to tank mid season.