The Neighborhood Bully

2018-19 Official Season Discussion Thread

7 hours ago, All Eyes On Me said:

James Harden is unreal

Harden's point totals in his last 11 games: 50, 32, 47, 35, 35, 39, 41, 45, 41, 43, 44. 

This is going to sound sick and twisted but I hope he keeps up this pace until we play them on 1/13.  Would love to see Gordon get the chance to guard him while on such a torrid run.  We'd have to stick him there and put Fournier on Tucker, right?  Then again maybe Gordon wouldn't disrupt a SG quite like he does to the Kawhi/Griffin types.  Could probably look through some previous data but I'm feeling lazy.

1 hour ago, WarDamnMagic said:

All star voting is wack...

You got that right! The shell of 36 y.o. Dwyane Wade has missed 9/36 games, averaging what may be a career low 14.1 ppg and yet still is one of the top two guards in East voting; and that may not even be the worst!?! Unfortunately, too much voting is done by "name recognition" only, and not by who is actually have an all-star worthy year. This will never change unless they let the coaches pick the full team, and then let the fans vote for the starters.

3 hours ago, ML6 said:

Harden's point totals in his last 11 games: 50, 32, 47, 35, 35, 39, 41, 45, 41, 43, 44. 

This is going to sound sick and twisted but I hope he keeps up this pace until we play them on 1/13.  Would love to see Gordon get the chance to guard him while on such a torrid run.  We'd have to stick him there and put Fournier on Tucker, right?  Then again maybe Gordon wouldn't disrupt a SG quite like he does to the Kawhi/Griffin types.  Could probably look through some previous data but I'm feeling lazy.

I’d love to see Gordon get a fair shot, but I feel like Harden would get him in foul trouble quick. You gotta put him out there on him though 

I wonder why AG doesn't get a lot of votes for All Star after his performance in the Dunk Contest. Zach Lavine gets a lot of love from that.

4 minutes ago, KRISH10 said:

I wonder why AG doesn't get a lot of votes for All Star after his performance in the Dunk Contest. Zach Lavine gets a lot of love from that.

People are drawn to points per game. 

Gordon is having the best year of his career by far but we still get posters on here that think he's having a disappointing season because he went from 17.6 to 15.4 ppg. 

At the same time he's not really having an all star type season. While I'm optimistic about him it's not implausible to think his numbers would get worse with greater usage. 

21 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

People are drawn to points per game. 

Gordon is having the best year of his career by far but we still get posters on here that think he's having a disappointing season because he went from 17.6 to 15.4 ppg. 

At the same time he's not really having an all star type season. While I'm optimistic about him it's not implausible to think his numbers would get worse with greater usage. 

I think when Fans vote they are voting more on names and not on stats, hence why VC, Wade and others have a lot of votes.

The thing is AG really would fit the all Star game perfectly with the highlight reel dunks etc much like Lavine. To be honest I could not care less about the All-star game. 

3 hours ago, fan for too long 2 said:

Elfrid looking good in second game back from injury. 25 and 7. FYI. 

He plays well. He also did when he was playing for us. In fact, he owns the record for more tripple doubles in our team history if I am not mistaken.  

But... he is not a winner. He is not a good defender and just like in Orlando and Phoenix; NO is also losimg big time with him running the show.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1