The Neighborhood Bully

2018-19 Official Season Discussion Thread

What a week for the NBA.  Big losses and big wins (for us, the Warriors, Lakers, Celtics and after last night, even Toronto).  And the Splash brothers and Bad Boys inerview thrown in.  Found Joe Dumars comment (as the other three nodded) on "what it takes" to be a champion very interesting.  For those who did not hear it he said, paraphrasing, that it it took your all, your entire being, more than you possibly think you have to get to that level and very few teams get there.  But the prize at the end is worth it.  Last night showed the Magic at that level, Phoenix loss not so much.  I still like the nucleus of this team going forward but roster changes (specifically at 1 and 2) still needed.  I never see Fournier getting to Dumar's mental description but think Bamba, Isaac and Gordon have a chance.  I am seeing progress, inconsistent as it may be, and want that instant fix too (give us that PG or SG who blossoms here in a trade?????) but there is a reason patience is a virtue.  Next few weeks will be intersting to watch to see if our FO, who I cannot tell what they are thinking, is able to pull off any moves?

4 minutes ago, Originalticketholder said:

What a week for the NBA.  Big losses and big wins (for us, the Warriors, Lakers, Celtics and after last night, even Toronto).  And the Splash brothers and Bad Boys inerview thrown in.  Found Joe Dumars comment (as the other three nodded) on "what it takes" to be a champion very interesting.  For those who did not hear it he said, paraphrasing, that it it took your all, your entire being, more than you possibly think you have to get to that level and very few teams get there.  But the prize at the end is worth it.  Last night showed the Magic at that level, Phoenix loss not so much.  I still like the nucleus of this team going forward but roster changes (specifically at 1 and 2) still needed.  I never see Fournier getting to Dumar's mental description but think Bamba, Isaac and Gordon have a chance.  I am seeing progress, inconsistent as it may be, and want that instant fix too (give us that PG or SG who blossoms here in a trade?????) but there is a reason patience is a virtue.  Next few weeks will be intersting to watch to see if our FO, who I cannot tell what they are thinking, is able to pull off any moves?

The two players I see the “all in” from are Gordon and Isaac. Bamba’s motor concerns me but he’s young. Great post.

I watched the game this morning.

The team simply played fast, moved the ball around, and was intense on defending the paint. That’s it.

Can we replicate with a tough/imposing opposing center? That’s when we would need to rely on our 3-ball or go all out defense.

We also look our best playing inside-out basketball. As constructed, Vuc is our offensive foundation. He kicks out for the open man if he is unable to score. With that, Simmons worked because he was creating havoc in the paint, aggressive with getting the ball down QUICK and passing to the open man.

Stats show our SL was never the problem. It was the second unit not helping increase the lead or creating a vacuum of minuses that we couldn’t recover. Iwundu’s penetration and perimeter defense may not show up in stats, but he gives us a greater chance at winning.

Now it’s staying consistent with this philosophy.

DJ is good and deserves a lot of cred here, as well.

3 hours ago, ?4thewin said:

Not really. 

The funny thing is we're 7-2 when Augustin scores between 10 and 12 points. 5-5 when he scores 13+. 3-12 when he scores single digits. 

That’s 15 games where he just doesn’t score then. I think he just needs to remain assertive like he has recently. 

25 minutes ago, Catalina Maria said:

That’s 15 games where he just doesn’t score then. I think he just needs to remain assertive like he has recently. 

I’m curious about the home/away splits for those numbers. DJ is a great role player, has been his entire career. Great role players tend to be inconsistent and play significantly better at home

24 minutes ago, DocHoliday said:

GMs in this league feel like this guy sometimes. “I’ve GOT A PLAN!” 

8333A3B7-3278-48D4-A18B-C584E89C9579.jpeg

EVERYONES GOTTA EARN. THEIR. KEEP.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Magicman28 said:

We need ball

With Rondo injured yet again the odds of us getting him are dwindling unfortunately as he’s my dream get at the 1 spot.