The Neighborhood Bully

2018-19 Official Season Discussion Thread

14 minutes ago, ML6 said:

Here's an interesting question, to which I think the answer is "yes", but I guess I'm not 100% sure:

Does the new shot clock reset rule also apply to transition attempts, or I guess any attempt in the first 10 seconds of the clock?  Like, we outlet to Gordon, he takes a tough layup with 21 on the clock, misses, and gets his own rebound.  Defense is back now so he decides to dribble out.  We're at 14 seconds now, right?

I assume they're treating it like fouls. 

3 hours ago, ?4thewin said:

I don't see us trading Gordon unless the Gordon Isaac pairing fails significantly after we get a decent point guard to pair them with. 

I don't see it as a possibility at all as fragile as Isaac has been so far. 

• Downvote 1

Random thought. What if we swung a deal for Patrick Beverley? Little older, but expiring contract and one of the best perimeter defenders in the NBA. I think we could get him for relatively cheap too.

Just now, All Eyes On Me said:

Random thought. What if we swung a deal for Patrick Beverley? Little older, but expiring contract and one of the best perimeter defenders in the NBA. I think we could get him for relatively cheap too.

I was thinking about that but I'm not sure here's worth sending an asset out. He's not really a good passer so you're basically getting a Grant-Augustin hybrid which is nice but, like, what does that really mean for our team? 3 more wins?

I don't think we should give up anything for marginal short term improvement that doesn't really give us something new. If we were talking someone like Rubio or Teague or Russell or something, that makes sense (a passer or a more dynamic scorer). 

Somebody make a game thread for the opener tomorrow. I'm too tired. Hyped for the game, though. Will be there early.

4 hours ago, ?4thewin said:

I was thinking about that but I'm not sure here's worth sending an asset out. He's not really a good passer so you're basically getting a Grant-Augustin hybrid which is nice but, like, what does that really mean for our team? 3 more wins?

I don't think we should give up anything for marginal short term improvement that doesn't really give us something new. If we were talking someone like Rubio or Teague or Russell or something, that makes sense (a passer or a more dynamic scorer). 

Should have grabbed Lin before Atlanta got him for cheap.