The Neighborhood Bully

2018-19 Official Season Discussion Thread

2 minutes ago, Catalina Maria said:

It was not all Fournier. Poor interior defense and careless plays is ruining us. The Mexico trip may have affected team chemistry. 

Not a good sleep last night?

48 minutes ago, KRISH10 said:

How will everyone feel if we resign VUC? Me personally I would hate it.

This isn’t gonna happen, but if it does I’d seriously question management and their desire to win versus just keep friends and familiarity around. Honestly, I’ll be upset if Vucevic is here after the trade deadline

Can AG and Isaac play with each other? Looks like they have alot of the same deficiencies. Not saying they can NEVER play with each other, but unless one of them becomes our primary scorer, not sure they can. Starting lineup was better with Iwundu in and AG at PF. We just need someone not as useless as Iwundu. Maybe Ross. 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Magicman28 said:

That has to be intentional. Maybe raising Vuch’s and or Fournier’s value for trade? 

I mean, it’s always been how we’ve played with this roster. Don’t think it’s showcasing anyone, just Vucevic and Fournier are so ball dominant and we, for whatever reason, refuse to give Aaron the keys to the car. 

21 minutes ago, Gordon MVP said:

Can AG and Isaac play with each other? Looks like they have alot of the same deficiencies. Not saying they can NEVER play with each other, but unless one of them becomes our primary scorer, not sure they can. Starting lineup was better with Iwundu in and AG at PF. We just need someone not as useless as Iwundu. Maybe Ross. 

AG and Isaac are not at all alike offensively. Gordon is shooting well from three and averaging nearly five assists lately. While he presses at times, he’s been solid and having his best year.

41 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

AG and Isaac are not at all alike offensively. Gordon is shooting well from three and averaging nearly five assists lately. While he presses at times, he’s been solid and having his best year.

Well not that they are like offensively, but more that they have deficiencies that I don't think quite mix well in the SL. Yes, Gordon is shooting well from 3 but asking him to be a focal point on offense, and i'm not sure he can at this time. But then again, everything has been running through Vuc. 

We are going through a bad patch right now and many of us may over react; myself included, but do we really want to grab the 8th seed that bad and get blown out the first round? I hope the front office finds a deal or two if any are to be had. I believe you have to strike when the opportunity is there even if it hurts short term.

I’m dreaming of a solid point guard, just like the one we use to have (Penny) With a long, long wing span and a desire to cover his man. Shooting that will never let you down.

I’m dreaming of a fair acquisition, one that keeps our core in place. With a 37% long ball and strong drives to the hole. This is what’s needed in Magic land.

Merry Christmas everybody!