The Neighborhood Bully

2018-19 Official Season Discussion Thread

10 minutes ago, TheNameIsOrlando said:

This is exactly how I feel. It's Hammond's job to improve this team. I don't want to hear the excuses. Just make it happen! The question of "is there a deal out there that makes sense"  comes up a lot but there are countless examples of teams making trades for guys we had no idea were available. They happen and we all gripe that we werent the ones to do it. We need to be the team to do it. Simple. 

Hennigan found Vuc and Tobias in his first year of the rebuild on other people’s benches, don’t want to hear WeHams garbage excuses 

26 minutes ago, TheNameIsOrlando said:

This is exactly how I feel. It's Hammond's job to improve this team. I don't want to hear the excuses. Just make it happen! The question of "is there a deal out there that makes sense"  comes up a lot but there are countless examples of teams making trades for guys we had no idea were available. They happen and we all gripe that we werent the ones to do it. We need to be the team to do it. Simple. 

Just because we don't hear about something doesn't mean a great trade is always sitting out there. 

3 hours ago, ?4thewin said:

Just because we don't hear about something doesn't mean a great trade is always sitting out there. 

Why can't we manufacture the trade? Get creative. Take advantage of a team. This stuff has been done. I'm not saying make a trade for the hell of it. I just want improvement and I along with most of the fanbase has less patience than management probably does.    

2 hours ago, TheNameIsOrlando said:

Why can't we manufacture the trade? Get creative. Take advantage of a team. This stuff has been done. I'm not saying make a trade for the hell of it. I just want improvement and I along with most of the fanbase has less patience than management probably does.    

That's what I'm saying though. We can do that but it takes patience. You don't just make that happen. You wait it out until that opportunity arises. 

I would sell 1 lung, 1 kidney, and half a toe for Doncic.  He's having a season beyond that of Donovan Mitchell's last year.  He just cannot be stopped.  Doncic impactful during his tenure with no adjustment for his size and capability.  Opponents have defended him the best they can and to no avail. He's started his career off by playing like he's in his prime.  Its incredible. 

2 minutes ago, The Boss said:

Ball had a stinker and the Lakers lost *rubs hands together*

Rub Hands GIF - Rub Hands Together GIFs

• Like 1

I just discovered that Isaac is shooting 20% from three in December. That is really bad. I love this kid's defense but he's basically doing his best EP impersonation from the three point line. Having watched every game, I know a lot of these are wide open looks. What gives? Should he move back to a bench role? There are many other problems with this team but don't want to overlook this one.

I want to start a discussion diving deeper into our recent slump since the Pacers game other than us just saying "we suck again" or "lolz December collapse again here we go".  Although I am usually pretty optimistic, I feel I am not as confident as ?FTW that this is a blip on the radar; that's mainly based on the eye test telling me that we're not just playing worse than we were earlier in the year, but differently as well.

My hypotheses are that passing, player movement, and assists are probably down.  I feel that the shooting slump might not just be a shooting problem in a vacuum, but rather a function of the aforementioned issues, if they are there.  I started to look at some metrics but I'm at work and didn't get a chance to look at much; it appears there are some gaps in the tracking data and I didn't get a chance to review which games might be missing.  So take the following with a grain of salt, but I think it is a good place to start a discussion, even if the numbers don't say much quite yet.  Would love to have other, more capable posters look into other stats they are curious about and post them.

First 25 games:

AST%: 64.7 (2nd); TS%: 54.9 (20th); Distance traveled: 18.19 mi (10th); Avg speed: 4.27 (12th)

Last 7 games (I think a couple games are missing w/r/t the movement tracking; if Mexico games are included, that could explain some of the movement reductions due to altitude):

AST%: 58.6 (20th); TS%: 48.7 (30th); Distance traveled: 17.91 (25th); Avg speed: 4.2 (20th)