The Neighborhood Bully

2018-19 Official Season Discussion Thread

All complaints have been exhausted to redundancy.  I'll just go for another break.  

Ag and Isaac need to be given the keys to run this team. Time to see if they are real or not. The vuch and Evan show have had their chances PLENTY!!! It gets tiresome to watch and I cant imagine how disheartening to play with. AG looks disgusted with it. Isaac rarely gets the ball and when he does it looks like he does not have the green light to do anything with it. Just swings the ball to Evan usually.

Mngt. has to see the problem Right? Right? Right?  

• Upvote 1

Been watching the games again.

Our team was better when Fournier was less assertive. When he was having his “slump” earlier in the season, the team was playing team ball.

It has reverted to selfish Fournier the last few games. And it ain’t pretty.

Fournier is the issue. He could work if he comes off the bench. But Fournier is a dangerous type of player. His selfishness is masked with better stats yet we lose.

This was observed after rewatching some losses. 

Fournier is the kryptonite. It was never Vuc. 

Net rating over the last 6 games

1. San Antonio: +20.6

2. Utah: +8.7

29. Cleveland: -10

30. Orlando: -14.9

------------------------------------------------------------

ORtg over the last 6 games

1. San Antonio: 121.1

2. Brooklyn: 118.8

29. Chicago: 96.9

30. Orlando: 91.7

Sitting back thinking about our future... We really need to trade VUC now. Let’s say we finish a sub 500 team and barely miss the playoffs. VUC walks and we have a mid first round draft pick, is anyone here going to be excited about next season? I say we trade VUC and Fournier hopefully get a pg back and run AG, Isaac and Bamba together as much as possible. We’re probably gonna lose a lot, get a high draft pick in this talented draft and really go into next season starting over the right way

You guys need to relax. I know it's been a while since we've been a playoff contender but this is what it looks like. 

Charlotte is coming off a stretch where they lost 5 of 8 including a game to the Knicks. 

Detroit has lost 8 of it's last 10. 

Brooklyn had a stretch where they lost 9 of 10. 

Miami had a stretch where they lost 11 of 15. 

The clippers lost 7 of 9.

Memphis is currently on a stretch where they've lost 7 of their last 8. 

Relax. We don't need to make panic trades. We don't need to blow up the team. Nothing has changed. We'll be ok. 

• Downvote 1

15 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

You guys need to relax. I know it's been a while since we've been a playoff contender but this is what it looks like. 

Charlotte is coming off a stretch where they lost 5 of 8 including a game to the Knicks. 

Detroit has lost 8 of it's last 10. 

Brooklyn had a stretch where they lost 9 of 10. 

Miami had a stretch where they lost 11 of 15. 

The clippers lost 7 of 9.

Memphis is currently on a stretch where they've lost 7 of their last 8. 

Relax. We don't need to make panic trades. We don't need to blow up the team. Nothing has changed. We'll be ok. 

How long are you going to settle for ok?

Just now, ?4thewin said:

Is there an option available to make us better than ok?

Only WeHam can honestly answer that right?

Heres how I see it. We are probably a tad better this year just because of coaching. Our pick is probably going to be closer to 10 maybe higher. You might say, “well, we can still get a steal there.” Sure we could but let’s say (because I don’t have that much faith in our draft-bottoming-out front office) we grab someone who isn’t. Then you’ll say “Well free agency will help.” Which I say “Why would a good, scale tipping free agent want to leave to come here?” 

I think this front office needs to MAKE something happen instead of waiting for something to fall into their laps. I’m not saying panic but at some point you gotta  get off your ass and start shooting a little higher.

23 minutes ago, Magicman28 said:

How long are you going to settle for ok?

I’d be fine with being ok.  I believe a big part of the problem has been our home run mentality of trying to be as awful as possible so we can land a superstar in the draft and suddenly become great.  While that happens occasionally, the more reliable although more difficult way to rebuild is by taking it one step at a time and become better incrementally, rather than in one huge step.  I’m fine with walking before we run, and being “ok” would be a significant improvement compared to where we’ve been the past few years. 

All that being said, given the pattern of our December-January implosions the past few years, I understand why people are concerned.  This team, maybe because of its pattern of repeated losing, has demonstrated a fragileness that the other teams 4thewin lists above have not.  Once we start to lose a few close games, in the past we’ve disintegrated. People are aware of that history, so I think some concern is justified.