The Neighborhood Bully

2018-19 Official Season Discussion Thread

1 hour ago, Magicman28 said:

I just don’t know about Rozier. 

I don't either but they just got outrebounded by 20. Maybe they can talk themselves into Vuc and a pick for Rozier and Brown. 

7 hours ago, ?4thewin said:

Risk is relative to what it costs. If you have inconsequential costs then the risk is never all that high. 

1. Maybe. Maybe not. Sometimes it's worth a gamble. Fox was a garbage shooter. Now he's a great shooter and looks like a steal. 

2. Trading for fultz doesn't preclude is from obtaining a starting point guard. He costs relatively little. You can give him Grant's role in the rotation now and continue having Augustin as the starter for the rest of the year then go after a Teague or collison type next year. 

3. You keep saying this but it's a completely illogical presumption. Detroit dumped dinwiddie for a garbage player. Chicago cut dinwiddie. Dinwiddie is now great in Brooklyn. Detroit threw Khris Middleton as salary filler into the Knight-Jennings deal. Now he's about to get a giant contract. The clippers cut Joe Ingles and he's really good. 

Remember when we traded Trevor Ariza for replacement level players because he didn't fit our philosophy? Remember when we gave away Chauncey Billups for cap space? Remember when we waived Joe Harris because he wasn't worth a roster spot? Remember when we let E'twaun Moore walk because he wasn't good

Remember when Will Barton was a throw in for Aaron Afflalo? Remember when Cleveland thought Danny Green wasn't an NBA player then he almost won a finals MVP? Remember when Houston waived Robert Covington and he became an all first team defense guy? Remember when Jae Crowder was included as salary matching for rondo and he became pretty good. Remember when Sacramento gave away Isaiah Thomas and he became an all star?

Do I have to keep going? Is this enough evidence to show you why some times teams misevaluate players or just let guys find a better situation?

The thing is none of the players you mentioned were damaged, they just weren't good yet. Between the physical and mental problems Fultz has had, either one of them could make him be useless. I would love to have him if he is functioning even at 60% of what he was supposed to be when he was drafted as long as it doesn't cost us a key piece!

Been watching the games again.

Our team was better when Fournier was less assertive. When he was having his “slump” earlier in the season, the team was playing team ball.

It has reverted to selfish Fournier the last few games. And it ain’t pretty.

Fournier is the issue. He could work if he comes off the bench. But Fournier is a dangerous type of player. His selfishness is masked with better stats yet we lose.

This was observed after rewatching some losses. 

Fournier is the kryptonite. It was never Vuc. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Catalina Maria said:

Been watching the games again.

Our team was better when Fournier was less assertive. When he was having his “slump” earlier in the season, the team was playing team ball.

It has reverted to selfish Fournier the last few games. And it ain’t pretty.

Fournier is the issue. He could work if he comes off the bench. But Fournier is a dangerous type of player. His selfishness is masked with better stats yet we lose.

This was observed after rewatching some losses. 

Fournier is the kryptonite. It was never Vuc. 

Fournier is not the issue. The issue is that we lack a playmaker and Fournier is handleling this roleat the moment. Once we get a playmaker then we will see AG and Isaac game getting better. There will be more transition and fast pace game where this two should excel.

Fournier is doing too much and he still doesnt realize he is no Harden. We are no better than what we currently are. Ross had also a bad game which he tends to do more often than not. 

THIS IS US. 

6 hours ago, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

The thing is none of the players you mentioned were damaged, they just weren't good yet. Between the physical and mental problems Fultz has had, either one of them could make him be useless. I would love to have him if he is functioning even at 60% of what he was supposed to be when he was drafted as long as it doesn't cost us a key piece!

I see your point but that 60% will cost you more. We need to buy IN, at the lowest. The risk is lower. We dont really know if it is really a mental block. Maybe it is and all he need is a change of scenario.  I will jump on this. The cost vs value is in our favor. 

11 hours ago, Magicman28 said:

I just don’t know about Rozier. 

Reason why is better to do something  NOW as we will be able to get a taste of him playing next to Bamba, AG and Isaac. If it works, you pay him, if it doesn't, let him walk. No harm done. 

I am more afraid to offer him big bucks in the offseason not knowing how truly he is. 

33 minutes ago, magicdoc1 said:

Fournier is not the issue. The issue is that we lack a playmaker and Fournier is handleling this roleat the moment. Once we get a playmaker then we will see AG and Isaac game getting better. There will be more transition and fast pace game where this two should excel.

Fournier is doing too much and he still doesnt realize he is no Harden. We are no better than what we currently are. Ross had also a bad game which he tends to do more often than not. 

THIS IS US. 

Story of the team for the past 3 years to be honest. Evan’s been like this since we chose him over Victor. We’ve been living with above average role players pretending to be superstars for years, and worse we pair that with thinking the most important position in the league isn’t something we need to invest in.

• Upvote 1

Ross and Vooch have been inconsistent their entire careers. Gordon still has no idea what he can and cannot do on offense. Fournier is probably best as a sixth man. Isaac and Bamba are raw. Augustin is a career backup. All that being said, I've been rather impressed with our performance this year, but I don't think we're a playoff team. 

32 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

Ross and Vooch have been inconsistent their entire careers. Gordon still has no idea what he can and cannot do on offense. Fournier is probably best as a sixth man. Isaac and Bamba are raw. Augustin is a career backup. All that being said, I've been rather impressed with our performance this year, but I don't think we're a playoff team. 

pretty much

When does Issac start looking like a 5th overall pick? 

Lauri sure looked like the 6th overall pick lastnight. 

The act with AG is getting old too. The guy just doesn’t seem like he’s ever gonna take that step and consistently be a playmaker. 

I know we’re not supposed to say negative things about AG and Issac only Vuch and Fournier but those guys need to be better. 

I’m still giving Bamba a pass but he seems to almost be regressing at this point. 

Same old Magic. 

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, HeHateMe said:

When does Issac start looking like a 5th overall pick? 

Lauri sure looked like the 6th overall pick lastnight. 

The act with AG is getting old too. The guy just doesn’t seem like he’s ever gonna take that step and consistently be a playmaker. 

I know we’re not supposed to say negative things about AG and Issac only Vuch and Fournier but those guys need to be better. 

I’m still giving Bamba a pass but he seems to almost be regressing at this point. 

Same old Magic. 

I agree with giving Mo a pass, but he’s got a couple potential red flags in effort and body language.