The Neighborhood Bully

2018-19 Official Season Discussion Thread

28 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

Additionally, I am told Rivers has wanted to play for the Magic for some time. He has a new baby in Orlando and his mom lives there. Apparently, he has several offers right now.

I see nothing wrong with offering him a small 1 year deal to see how it works out. I like guys that want to play for the Magic lol they like us are a rare breed. There’s almost 0 risk involved. That’s a careful Weltham type of move. If for some reason he messes up team chemistry, Cliff will make sure he won’t see the court.

46 minutes ago, magicdoc1 said:

Easy Easy easy here.. letsnot get too emotional. He is no better than Simmons but certainly better than Grant. I do not know why he is been compared to Simmons. They will be playing different roles. 

But, yes, he is not making us any better. 

Is he a better point guard than Grant? I'm not certain. 

35 minutes ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

He's easily better than Grant

How so? 

Rivers typically has a sub Aaron Gordon assist percentage, is a poor defender, and an unremarkable scorer. 

He's basically Jonathan Simmons without the defense. Our weakness on the bench is we have nobody to facilitate the offense. Rivers doesn't help that at all. 

I don’t care if we sign Rivers or not. However, you would think that playing for your hometown team would bring out the best in a person.

24 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

I don’t care if we sign Rivers or not. However, you would think that playing for your hometown team would bring out the best in a person.

It’s definitely a change of pace for someone to want to be in Orlando. I don’t think we’re any worse off if it’s a lateral move and nothing else coalesces. With that said Jabari Parker didn’t do much in his hometown. 

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, The Neighborhood Bully said:

If we sign Rivers, I assume he takes Briscoe's roster spot?

He's signing with Memphis.

2 hours ago, DocHoliday said:

It’s definitely a change of pace for someone to want to be in Orlando. I don’t think we’re any worse off if it’s a lateral move and nothing else coalesces. With that said Jabari Parker didn’t do much in his hometown. 

I think this is how I feel as well. Good post. 

8 minutes ago, The Neighborhood Bully said:

Is this the same Memphis that was supposed to be in on the Ariza trade?

Damn kid has had a hell of a 4 days. “Austin you’ve been traded to Phoenix... nope wait looks like you’re staying in Washington... no wait you are in fact going to Phoenix... hey Austin Phoenix decided to buy out your contract congratulations you’re a free agent now.... Austin you’re wanted in Memphis... never mind they changed their minds”

38 minutes ago, WarDamnMagic said:

Damn kid has had a hell of a 4 days. “Austin you’ve been traded to Phoenix... nope wait looks like you’re staying in Washington... no wait you are in fact going to Phoenix... hey Austin Phoenix decided to buy out your contract congratulations you’re a free agent now.... Austin you’re wanted in Memphis... never mind they changed their minds”

He just got bought out of his contract for millions. He got paid and doesn't  need to work. Just before the holidays, so he can spend xmas with his family. I take those 4 “hell days” any day of the week, any month of the year.