The Neighborhood Bully

2018-19 Official Season Discussion Thread

I'd still love Fultz. He's getting the right treatment now, I think he'll improve a lot. Might not get back to 100% but you won't have to give up anything near what a 100% Fultz would cost.

9 minutes ago, HeHateMe said:

Idk why anyone is mad Dinwindee signed. I’d rather have Russell and he just became entirely available. 

Why? He hasn't gotten any better in 3 years. He's having a less efficient offensive season than fournier and has every season of his career. He's an average passer. He's an average shooter. He's got a lower bball iq than you'd want from a guy in his role and it's almost cost Brooklyn two wins that they've had in the bag. 

Dinwiddie shoots 10 percentage points better than Russell on twos and basically the same on threes. He's averaging one fewer points per game on more than 4 fewer shots. 

To give you perspective.

Vucevic scores 20.6 ppg on 15.7fga. 

Ross scores 14.1ppg on 11.8 fga

Russell scores 17.9 ppg on 16.8fga

Vucevic takes 2.8 fts per game

Isaac takes 2.1 fts per game

Russell takes 2.0 fts per game and 2.6 on average for his career. 

I wish I could remember the exact stats...but Stan Van Grundy was on LeBetard a couple days ago and said something to the effect of there only being a couple of guys, maybe even only one, in the history of the nba to post season long shooting lines of something like 50/45/80 (I don’t remember exactly) and how this year for the first time in league history there are 2 guys on pace to do it. One is Steph, the other.....Malcolm Brogdon. Dude plays hard on both ends and is super efficient with good size. Plays over 30 minutes a night. I’d rather pay him than Rozier. I’d even prefer him to an aging Kemba commanding top dollar and 20+ shots per game with zero regard for efficiency. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Section229 said:

I wish I could remember the exact stats...but Stan Van Grundy was on LeBetard a couple days ago and said something to the effect of there only being a couple of guys, maybe even only one, in the history of the nba to post season long shooting lines of something like 50/45/80 (I don’t remember exactly) and how this year for the first time in league history there are 2 guys on pace to do it. One is Steph, the other.....Malcolm Brogdon. Dude plays hard on both ends and is super efficient with good size. Plays over 30 minutes a night. I’d rather pay him than Rozier. I’d even prefer him to an aging Kemba commanding top dollar and 20+ shots per game with zero regard for efficiency. 

Brogdon has chronic ankle issues that Milwaukee is worried about getting him in the next couple years