The Neighborhood Bully

2018-19 Official Season Discussion Thread

38 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

I mean I would trade for dinwiddie right now because I'm a fan and I'm right there with all of you seeing what this team lacks. I like having peace of mind. 

But imagine if we don't trade for dinwiddie and he signs here in the summer. Then we can use our assets to upgrade another position.

Trying to take the emotion out of it I still don't like the wait and see approach. You gotta be aggressive. Go get what you need. If you're good at your job you should be able to both fill a need and not hinder future flexibility.  

46 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

I mean I would trade for dinwiddie right now because I'm a fan and I'm right there with all of you seeing what this team lacks. I like having peace of mind. 

But imagine if we don't trade for dinwiddie and he signs here in the summer. Then we can use our assets to upgrade another position.

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y8dbfsjt

So, what do you think about this one? Brings in Dinwiddie, moves Fournier, opens up more cap space for next year; but probably means we lose more and are in the lottery, again.

4 minutes ago, jmmagicfan said:

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y8dbfsjt

So, what do you think about this one? Brings in Dinwiddie, moves Fournier, opens up more cap space for next year; but probably means we lose more and are in the lottery, again.

Why wouldn’t we just do this straight up with Brooklyn? No need to get LAC involved. We’d be giving up our most tradeable asset for Gortat 

29 minutes ago, Tank Vogel said:

If we trade for Dinwiddie are we limited to the 4/47.5M?

Yeah 

It's not a Mario situation though. This is only for extensions, not resigning him next summer as a UFA

12 minutes ago, WarDamnMagic said:

Why wouldn’t we just do this straight up with Brooklyn? No need to get LAC involved. We’d be giving up our most tradeable asset for Gortat 

Good point - I originally had a bigger trade with more pieces from each. Kind of missed that when I scaled it back. 

35 minutes ago, ML6 said:

Lol Fournier's response about the T-Mac thing was probably even worse...

How is it worse? I see nothing wrong at all with anything Evan has said. He didnt bash Tmac. He said Durant would beat him 1v1. Wow. Tmac got triggered over nothing. It’s a barbershop debate. If you’re that sensitive stay off social media. 

• Upvote 1