The Neighborhood Bully

2018-19 Official Season Discussion Thread

21 minutes ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

I think we'll make the playoffs if we just get a guy who can hit open 3s and not be a buffoon on offense like Grant.

Our bench point guard needs to be about to defend. Your suggestions make us worse. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, ?4thewin said:

Our bench point guard needs to be about to defend. Your suggestions make us worse. 

I think offense is far more important for a backup PG. In general and for our team

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

I think offense is far more important for a backup PG. In general and for our team

Not for our team. The one saving grace is the backups can defend. Replacement level offensive players aren't going to elevate our bench offense but might destroy our defense. 

1 hour ago, The Neighborhood Bully said:

The Ringer ranked the top 25 players in the league based on this season.  Vooch is ranked 22, Tobias Harris is 20, and Oladipo is 17.

Brandon Jennings, Ervin Ilyasova, and Ross didn't make the list.

https://www.theringer.com/nba/2018/12/6/18127965/top-25-nba-players-first-25ish-games

Haha

Like I could understand if you were suggesting bringing in a cheap scoring backup to help organize the bench offense so we're not begging Ross to hit a jumper on every possession. Someone like Trey Burke. 

But you're not suggesting that type of guy. 

It'd be one thing if Grant was killing our spacing but it's been fine. Just a shooter doesn't make us better. It just creates a new weakness

3 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

Like I could understand if you were suggesting bringing in a cheap scoring backup to help organize the bench offense so we're not begging Ross to hit a jumper on every possession. Someone like Trey Burke. 

But you're not suggesting that type of guy. 

It'd be one thing if Grant was killing our spacing but it's been fine. Just a shooter doesn't make us better. It just creates a new weakness

Yeah we need a stud at the starting PG spot who can create offense for himself and team. DJ and Grant off the bench is fine.

Basically I don't think the Grant problem is fixed by replacing him with a different point guard. I think we need to replace him with a better version of him. 

Are L2M reports usually several days behind?  Looks like they only have reports available through 12/4.

EDIT: Nevermind, I'm dumb.  I thought today was 12/7.

1 hour ago, ?4thewin said:

I wonder if we could trade Mozgov, the OKC pick, and Cleveland's second rounder for George Hill

I would love to trade a combination that included Mozgov for a PG that would be part of the rotation.

Edit- By the downvote I see Mozgov has ONE fan that wants him to stay with the Magic LOL

• Downvote 1

15 minutes ago, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

I would love to trade a combination that included Mozgov for a PG that would be part of the rotation.

I don't think you can treat him like a starter anymore but he'd be an upgrade