The Neighborhood Bully

2018-19 Official Season Discussion Thread

34 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

Hopefully he plays well long enough and the Lakers suck long enough to justify a vucevic-Lonzo swap

We can dream. Idk if you guys have been watching the Lakers this year but they’ve been playing Lonzo almost exclusively off-ball. Seems like they’re trying to see if that can be a fit with Lebron. Hart is actually bringing the ball up the court more than Lonzo is. Even if Lonzo continues to shoot well that’s not really utilizing his strengths. Vuch is an upgrade for them they literally only have McGhee up front. 

12 minutes ago, Magicman28 said:

I’d take Rubio. Is Utah shopping him?

I’ve read or heard nothing of them shopping him and I have no clue why they would. Exum is their backup and he’s back to looking like Exum after the post playoff hype. Rubio fits them well. 

You can't really move Vucevic now unless you're getting close to parity of production with whoever's coming back--he's too valuable to this team right now. I'd look again at the deadline where Bamba has (hopefully) shown that he can play big minutes and is a double double threat every night.

Better to look at Tyus Jones or maybe Cory Joseph than someone like Lonzo or Rubio.

Spencer Dinwiddie is also a great FA target in the summer.

19 minutes ago, Malik Buttface said:

If Vucevic can maintain this level of play with some slight drop off, do you think his trade value will increase? If so, what do you think we could get for him?

If Vuc can maintain playing D we should get a very nice return for him. Good play plus a pick I hope.

50 minutes ago, Malik Buttface said:

If Vucevic can maintain this level of play with some slight drop off, do you think his trade value will increase? If so, what do you think we could get for him?

Probably something similar to the Ibaka trade

2 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

Whole lotta "what's wrong with Boston" instead of "maybe the magic are better than we thought"

Yeah, annoying but that's what happens when we have been bad for so long.

I love the "We were missing wide open 3s!" excuse. Both teams shot poorly from three and missed wide open shots.