The Neighborhood Bully

2018-19 Official Season Discussion Thread

40 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

There's guys with similar upside but not guys that we value. Garland is a short shooter type that plays no defense. Lillard in Chris Paul's body. Morant is a shifty guy who gets to the rim and passes well but not a great shooter or defender and dominates the ball. Jones is well rounded with a lower ceiling but is supposedly 6'2 with a 6'3 wingspan. 

I see what you are saying.  None of those guys sound like Weltman/Hammond type of players.  I like Cole Anthony more in the 2020 draft but when I just looked him up I didn't realize he only has a 6'3.5 wingspan.  

1 hour ago, WarDamnMagic said:

So of the 2 most reasonably attainable trades we’ve been talking about which would y’all rather see us do... are you a BALLiever or are you digging for FULTZ gold lmao

A) Ross for Fultz (probably our only shot at landing him)

B) Vuc for Lonzo Ball

C) BOTH

D) Neither

I’m a hard B

I would definitely do both if it was an option. Would do everything I could to keep Ross and make Fournier the central point of the Fultz trade, but I'd still do it for Ross. As hard as it would be to let go of Ross (not so much Vuc), there is no guarentee we can keep Ross, even if he's keen to stay we don't know what kind of offers he will get in FA. Get both Ball and Fultz, start Ball and rehab Fultz as much as he needs, even if the rest of the season, whatever he needs to get back to his best (or as close as possible).

2 hours ago, WarDamnMagic said:

So of the 2 most reasonably attainable trades we’ve been talking about which would y’all rather see us do... are you a BALLiever or are you digging for FULTZ gold lmao

A) Ross for Fultz (probably our only shot at landing him)

B) Vuc for Lonzo Ball

C) BOTH

D) Neither

I’m a hard B

I’d personally love Fultz on this team. I think he has massive potential to be special and he fits the schematics of the team when it comes to length and speed.

23 hours ago, masazasm2 said:

My bad I didn't know the refs were going to give that game to Denver no matter what it took. That was one of the most lopsided games I have ever seen. Magic hit 20 3's Murray travels, shows up refs and steps out of bounds on that 3. Unbelievable...

I could live with one of our starting guards being defensively sound and the other a scorer. It’d still be a flawed make-up but the way the opposing guards go off every night is crippling at times.