The Neighborhood Bully

2018-19 Official Season Discussion Thread

Just got my tix for the 2nd home game. Here’s hoping we sweep the Raptors while I’m there... Wishful thinking I know 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

15 hours ago, alwaystragic said:

Yes, but not by much. 

The hypothetical scenario talked about gordon (4th pick) or a lower pick with a starter in a trade (for example lavine) 

Gordon is good. But he is not an all star nor he has shown that he is capable of being the #1 weapon of the team. As a top 5 pick, you could expect that

I think he could be better than Millsap,  that's no slouch

AG is 23. He’s about to get his first taste of the playoffs. I’m not ready to see him traded. I’m more inclined to see him grow and get better possibly.

22 minutes ago, Magicman28 said:

AG is 23. He’s about to get his first taste of the playoffs. I’m not ready to see him traded. I’m more inclined to see him grow and get better possibly.

I agree don't worry he ain't going nowhere. He's our most important player.

41 minutes ago, Magicman28 said:

It's easy to forget he's that young.

33 minutes ago, Magicman28 said:

One thing I think that is overlooked is that AG, was incredibly young as a one and done, has played on a lottery team, has had a subpar PG, no real All Star, and has still put up really good numbers, improved every year in almost every category, and as mentioned is still only 23.  He was described by experts as an offensively raw talent with incredible athleticism.  As players develop around him how much higher a ceiling can he have.   My feeling is that Philly made a huge "LA Laker type mistake" and gave up on Fultz way too soon like the "tampering" Lakers gave up on Russell.  If I am right Fultz can make Gordon and Isaac lethal, and that is not even factoring in Bamba.  Yeah you might call this a big "if" but this is the kind of stuff that happens in the NBA all the time with one and dones.  

• Upvote 4

4 minutes ago, Originalticketholder said:

One thing I think that is overlooked is that AG, was incredibly young as a one and done, has played on a lottery team, has had a subpar PG, no real All Star, and has still put up really good numbers, improved every year in almost every category, and as mentioned is still only 23.  He was described by experts as an offensively raw talent with incredible athleticism.  As players develop around him how much higher a ceiling can he have.   My feeling is that Philly made a huge "LA Laker type mistake" and gave up on Fultz way too soon like the "tampering" Lakers gave up on Russell.  If I am right Fultz can make Gordon and Isaac lethal, and that is not even factoring in Bamba.  Yeah you might call this a big "if" but this is the kind of stuff that happens in the NBA all the time with one and dones.  

Good post

8 minutes ago, Originalticketholder said:

Couldn’t plus one this post enough. This is exactly how I’m seeing things happening if Fultz can get back on the court and set our guys up correctly and put them in better positions to score. Not to mention he knows how to attack the defense and draw fouls, if he develops a shot it’s game over for the league. I think this team is only scratching the surface and we will see huge growth both individually and from our team as a whole next year. 

It's one game but look at what it tells you. 

1. He can pass guys open and has good vision

2. He can blow by his defender and draw secondary defenders which gets guys open. 

• Upvote 2

49 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

It's one game but look at what it tells you. 

1. He can pass guys open and has good vision

2. He can blow by his defender and draw secondary defenders which gets guys open. 

Please be this guy!