The Neighborhood Bully

2018-19 Official Season Discussion Thread

6 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

Multiple people have now described this series as very interesting

Multiple people have described this series as the least interesting playoff series. 

Multiple people say we have no shot against the raptors

Multiple people say we're going to make it really difficult for the raptors. 

We're the worst offensive team to make the playoffs

We're the 8th best offense in the NBA over the last half of the year but the 28th best offense over the first half. 

We match up extremely well with the raptors. 

We have no way to know what we're going to do on Saturday. When Gordon tries to force things it screws up his game. Last game against the raptors Ross wanted to torch them so badly that he took a bunch of bad shots and went 2-10. 

Don't take anything people say personally. A lot of people don't watch us. I watch us a ton and I don't even know what this team will do in the playoffs. 

For one talking heads have a take and use outside statistics companies to provide them numbers that they use to back up those takes. It has the appearance of them being knowledgeable about all the teams, but few actually do.  It’s entertainment. Richard Jefferson changed his opinion midshow. 

2 hours ago, ?4thewin said:

Multiple people have now described this series as very interesting

Multiple people have described this series as the least interesting playoff series. 

Multiple people say we have no shot against the raptors

Multiple people say we're going to make it really difficult for the raptors. 

We're the worst offensive team to make the playoffs

We're the 8th best offense in the NBA over the last half of the year but the 28th best offense over the first half. 

We match up extremely well with the raptors. 

We have no way to know what we're going to do on Saturday. When Gordon tries to force things it screws up his game. Last game against the raptors Ross wanted to torch them so badly that he took a bunch of bad shots and went 2-10. 

Don't take anything people say personally. A lot of people don't watch us. I watch us a ton and I don't even know what this team will do in the playoffs. 

I was curious to see how our players compared to each other so I took some basic stats from basketball-reference.com. In addition, I pulled the data for the Raptors too. I realize stats can be subjective and is not the end all, be all, but I thought it might be interesting never-the-less.

Magic_Players_2018.PNG.6329f6d845d188d1124cbbb43f30384e.PNG

Raptor_Players_2018.PNG.e54e3bd0bb8a00d686907d57569f7d9b.PNG

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

It's amazing that MCW has such a low FT% but when the game was on the line he stepped up and grabbed 2 key rebounds, got fouled, and nailed all 4 shots.

LOL! How true. I still can't believe we hit all of our FT ( 22 if I remember right)! 

Huge shoutout to DJ for a great year and our FO for trading EP. Many of us were begging for EP to be dropped for years so our team could develop and poof... playoffs! Obviously, Cliff has done a great job, too.

• Upvote 2