The Neighborhood Bully

2018-19 Official Season Discussion Thread

3 minutes ago, South_Aussie_Magic said:

Sorry, but I'd rather have Gordon than any of them if I had to choose, though Capela is about the closest. If I recall, I'm pretty sure alot of people said both Capela and Gordon are a reach and both of them are clearcut the best positive impact players of the bunch. 

Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't mind having a Gary Harris at shooting guard but not at the expense of Aaron. I don't dislike any of those guys, really. Just don't think Aaron should be overlooked because of his combination of work ethic, making the right plays on both ends most of the time, youth and athleticism. We have years ahead of him having an athletic advantage over a lot of guys and he's putting it together.

Althogether, given the hype... that draft was a little bit disappointing in retrospect.

And hey, I defended Hennigan for a long time, but you're right the Ross trade was the best get. A few other things looked like they'd pan out and they just flat out didn't. I think I defended Hennigan for as much as I did because he got a raw deal and then got played by the big boys... and you look at the front office turmoil everywhere and just ... who wants that for the team you're a fan of? The Suns are still on that stupid wheel and they've just hired Bower... who has done diddly squat everywhere he's been too.

Gary Harris was more of a positive before he was terrible this year. He's going to lose his spot to Beasley

2 hours ago, The Boss said:

I think it's hard and unfair to judge a guy like T Ross strictly on his %. He comes in and takes some really tough attempts because he is our 2nd units offense. Would Lowe be more impressed if we had a creator in our 2nd unit and Ross's PPG dropped a touch but his 3p% went over 40 because he gets much better looks? (I have no doubt he is a 40%+ 3pt shooter in a lot of other offenses) 

It reminds me how everyone praises gunners like Crawford, Lou Williams and back in the day guys who came in and just gunned it like Dale Ellis, Michael Adams, Ricky Pierce etc. ... and to say Ross at his motivated best (i.e. here in Orlando) does nothing else of worth is a bit of a disservice. He plays his role and he's dangerous. Teams need those guys, just as much for the confidence and passion as results. It's not like anyone's asking him to be Klay Thompson...

Just now, ?4thewin said:

Gary Harris was more of a positive before he was terrible this year. He's going to lose his spot to Beasley

The Nuggets have really just hit on so many guys of that ilk that they've run out of room haven't they lol... they need to cut one of them loose.

4 hours ago, alwaystragic said:

I said there were good players after him

Meaning, in a hypothetical scenario of a trade down for an established player, we could have ended up with lavine, Gary Harris, nurkic, bogdanovic, randle, capela and a starter, and it would not have been much different than what it is now

gordon was a regular pick, not one praise worthy

by far his only good move was the ross trade 

if gordon realizes his potential down the road, it might be a debate, but currently (as gordon is now) it was not fantastic value for a #4 pick 

He traded Dwight Howard for an All-Star

1 hour ago, ?4thewin said:

Beasley was a guy Weltman was rumored wanting to trade Mario for. Good old Weltman seeing down the line