The Neighborhood Bully

2018-19 Official Season Discussion Thread

23 minutes ago, TrueMagicFan07 said:

I agree. I have mentioned a couple of times in game threads how DJ keeps his composure when the Magic are behind in the game. . .that look on his face when he dribbles the ball up the court. It's as though he is assessing the situation and calms his teammates down.

Yeah, he's been a huge key this year. I can't believe we had him playing behind Payton for so long.

10 minutes ago, Tank Vogel said:

He finished the season at 36.7% from 3 and is great on d. That's fantastic for where we picked him.

Yep,

Comfortably out performed Hezonja this season, if he can up his 3% next year or keep it the same on more attempts then can't really complain compared to the salary he commands.

9 hours ago, alwaystragic said:

dj has been great

i am still not sold on iwundu, though. he does not impress me at all, like other rotation players had.

Not sure what your expectations are or what you base your comments on  but I am very impressed with the  improvement of this 2nd round draft pick.   Below stats, show this year, that in almost every statistical category Iwundu has improved.  His overall NBA defensive ranking in the top 125 of the league.  And he is only in his second year.  I see a player who can be a valuable asset on this team in the future.

https://www.foxsports.com/nba/wesley-iwundu-player-stats

Hey @?4thewin is there measure for times a guy gets double teamed? Was watching Billups talk about us and he mentioned Vuch "drawing doubles now". Was wondering if there was a significant difference from years past. 

8 minutes ago, TheNameIsOrlando said:

Hey @?4thewin is there measure for times a guy gets double teamed? Was watching Billups talk about us and he mentioned Vuch "drawing doubles now". Was wondering if there was a significant difference from years past. 

I don't know. I'm sure one of the pay sites has something like that. But I don't have access to that. I'll keep an eye out though.