The Neighborhood Bully

2018-19 Official Season Discussion Thread

I have a question, I am thinking about making the drive up to Orlando (West Palm here) and I usually buy tickets close to tip-off, because tickets go cheap at that point (stubhub) but I never been to a playoff game. Does the waiting strategy still work for playoffs? Anyone know?

1 hour ago, alwaystragic said:

I dont see gordon as a great pick

we had the 4th, and he is not an all star. there were even good players selected afterwards

getting vuc...he was trading a perennial all star and DPOY. he got a fair deal

now, with ibaka about to leave for free and the team in disarray, getting ross and 2 picks was good, even if the picks are not high at all

again, only good thing hennigan ever did in his life

and i'd love to know who you wanted to draft instead of gordon. And noone gets to say Jokic.

4 hours ago, Diplo said:
I have a question, I am thinking about making the drive up to Orlando (West Palm here) and I usually buy tickets close to tip-off, because tickets go cheap at that point (stubhub) but I never been to a playoff game. Does the waiting strategy still work for playoffs? Anyone know?

Nope. Unless you get lucky and someone gets desperate at the last minute

5 hours ago, Diplo said:

I may have 3 tix for sale. Can’t go Friday night

One thing we need to remember going into this series is Kawhi is one of the best defenders of all time. Gordon's stat line is probably going to look terrible. Same with Isaac and siakam. We just need those guys to play defense and not worry about offense and have the rest of the team support them on that end. 

If not KL's defense,  Danny green scoring 9 threes will.  Theres a ton to work on before playoffs. 

9 hours ago, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

I have to hand it to DJ once again. He is the BEST bench PG in the league and as a starter he's still damn good! I love the way he doesn't get rattled when we are down and just keeps doing his job well game after game. GO MAGIC!!!

I agree. I have mentioned a couple of times in game threads how DJ keeps his composure when the Magic are behind in the game. . .that look on his face when he dribbles the ball up the court. It's as though he is assessing the situation and calms his teammates down.

9 hours ago, alwaystragic said:

dj has been great

i am still not sold on iwundu, though. he does not impress me at all, like other rotation players had.

He finished the season at 36.7% from 3 and is great on d. That's fantastic for where we picked him.

We've been on a 58 win pace the last 31 games but at the same time, there's little margin for error for us. Don't know what to expect in the playoffs but given the matchups on Toronto, it'll be bad if Vucevic doesn't dominate the inside.