The Neighborhood Bully

2018-19 Official Season Discussion Thread

1 minute ago, All Eyes On Me said:

No JI tonight, Vuc is questionable with a stomach bug... if we lose, we need to root for the Heat and Pistons tonight. Or maybe Birch is just gonna have a 20-20 game

Martin is going to go off

17 hours ago, Malik Buttface said:

Magic Johnson is stepping down as President of Basketball ops, LOL.

Alex Martins to the lakers

• Upvote 1

So, Zach Lowe manages to both recognize TRoss for his value to us as a sixth man, and yet still dis him at the same time.

"Terrence Ross might be the tougher omission. He has been a crucial bench cog for Orlando -- its only reliable second-unit deep threat -- and part of its best five-man lineup. But 38 percent from 3-point range is not, like, incredible, and he's not good at anything else. A nice season, but he falls short here."

17 minutes ago, jmmagicfan said:

So, Zach Lowe manages to both recognize TRoss for his value to us as a sixth man, and yet still dis him at the same time.

"Terrence Ross might be the tougher omission. He has been a crucial bench cog for Orlando -- its only reliable second-unit deep threat -- and part of its best five-man lineup. But 38 percent from 3-point range is not, like, incredible, and he's not good at anything else. A nice season, but he falls short here."

For me, and I am probably a little biased but, I look at how Ross has made a lot of his 3's. I see a guy where at times there really isn't a shot and yet he manages to really elevate and make it. He's a good role player, and I hope we are able to re-sign him next year to a reasonable team friendly contract. 

1 hour ago, jmmagicfan said:

Remember this in the off season guys. The Toronto posters said it, Lowe says it, most NBA scouts have said the same thing.