The Neighborhood Bully

2018-19 Official Season Discussion Thread

If the Hornets do get in will any of you here cheer on Kemba in the playoffs ? After all he is in our Division and is a former Cliff player . 

• Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, TrueMagicFan07 said:

Barnabas, you do know that even if a poster is placed on ignore, when someone else quotes them, you will still see their comment.

THANK YOU.... and you can also ignore his references from other peoples posts as well. Goodbye MagicOne......

Ok so whoever puts me on ignore won't have a chance to get the $100 dollar Ticketmaster E- gift card should the Magic make the playoffs.

2 hours ago, MagicOne said:

When you have Kemba all ODDS are thrown out the window. Remember Kemba gets what Kemba wants.

It's simple math actually. Hornets win their last 3. We lose our last 2, while Brooklyn and Detroit do just enough to get in.

After the Hornets win today my playoff odds for the Magic drop to 24 percent.

Time to ignore you again...take care

MagicOne does this and then takes the credit for reverse jinxing us into the playoffs (or the "I told you so" if we don't). It's a jerkoff move but it gets him the attention he obviously craves.

1 minute ago, magicblue said:

MagicOne does this and then takes the credit for reverse jinxing us into the playoffs (or the "I told you so" if we don't). It's a jerkoff move but it gets him the attention he obviously craves.

He's an annoying dick and I'm glad I finally don't have to see his posts.

16 minutes ago, Catalina Maria said:

Not sure how u came up with that math? When I do the math it comes up as a positive number, which I do not understand considering nothing is 100%.

Regardless, as long as it’s MORE LIKELY we make it, we should be good.

What I did was:

1/2 multiplier of the 2 remaining games we play and one of each of the 3 other teams still in the race.

We win one or the other, or the other teams lose one game.

1/2 x 1/2 x 1/2 x 1/2 x 1/2 = 1/32 chance we do not make it. I still like our chances. 

31/32 chance we make it. I like our chances. 

Your math doesn't make any sense at all. 

In probability if you need two events to happen you multiply the odds of those two events. If you need something or something else you add the probabilities. 

You're just listing the odds of flipping heads on a coin 5 times in a row. It's gibberish. 

27 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

Your math doesn't make any sense at all. 

In probability if you need two events to happen you multiply the odds of those two events. If you need something or something else you add the probabilities. 

You're just listing the odds of flipping heads on a coin 5 times in a row. It's gibberish. 

You answered my question, though. The odds of us NOT making it is the same odds of us flipping heads five times, no? We are soooo much more likely to make the playoffs at this point.

Your 250% probability does not make sense to me. How is it that that we have more than 100% chance of one outcome over another?  To me, the 250% of your mathematics is off. Your formula may be correct, but the 250% conclusion is not right.