The Neighborhood Bully

2018-19 Official Season Discussion Thread

1 minute ago, Barnabas Smith said:

Dude, are you here just to stir things up? Why don't you let things play out before you tally one in the "L" column.

Just calling things the way I see it here. Do I hope I'm wrong ? YES!

I just can't see us beating Boston in their building and the Charlotte in theirs. Not with everything on the line. Boston has experience and Charlotte has Kemba. We have virtually no experience in these situations and don't have a go to guy.

Just now, MagicOne said:

I just can't see us beating Boston in their building and the Charlotte in theirs. Not with everything on the line. Boston has experience and Charlotte has Kemba. We have virtually no experience in these situations and don't have a go to guy.

Charlotte hasn't exactly been a perennial playoff team with Kemba there..... There's a reason why they're afraid he may sign somewhere else this offseason.

11 minutes ago, MagicOne said:

I have a feeling that around 8:50 pm Eastern time a lot of us here will be cussing out Vooch and Evan and demanding that they be outta here next year. Horford and Irving. Two key words here.

You do know Horford has an injury. He may not play up to full speed.

1 minute ago, ?4thewin said:

If Indiana loses, Boston has nothing to play for tonight

Don't expect the Indy game to affect the way they approach tonight's game. That would be foolish.

9 hours ago, ?4thewin said:

That math is incorrect. 

If you assume every game is a coin flip it's (1/2 + 1/2) + ((1/2 +1/2)x(1/2+1/2+1/2)) which is a 250% likelihood. 

But just remember we're talking about probability. If you flip a coin 4 times trying to get heads once you'd expect a 200% success rate. But you can still flip tails 4 times in a row

Not sure how u came up with that math? When I do the math it comes up as a positive number, which I do not understand considering nothing is 100%.

Regardless, as long as it’s MORE LIKELY we make it, we should be good.

What I did was:

1/2 multiplier of the 2 remaining games we play and one of each of the 3 other teams still in the race.

We win one or the other, or the other teams lose one game.

1/2 x 1/2 x 1/2 x 1/2 x 1/2 = 1/32 chance we do not make it. I still like our chances. 

31/32 chance we make it. I like our chances. 

3 minutes ago, MagicOne said:

The thing is, there is no point in being like Eeyore about it. Sheesh, the game hasn't even started yet. Also, IMO, the strength of our team is we do well when we have energy, move without the ball, and play like a team. Not saying we don't need a go to guy, but we are making the most of things without one.  

1 minute ago, Catalina Maria said:

Not sure how u came up with that math? When I do the math it comes up as a positive number, which I do not understand considering nothing is 100%.

Regardless, as long as it’s MORE LIKELY we make it, we should be good.

What I did was:

1/2 multiplier of the 2 remaining games we play and one of each of the 3 other teams still in the race.

We win one or the other, or the other teams lose one game.

1/2 x 1/2 x 1/2 x 1/2 x 1/2 = 1/32 chance we do not make it. I still like our chances. 

31/32 chance we make it. I like our chances. 

Heads I win. Tails you lose.

• Downvote 1

6 minutes ago, Barnabas Smith said:

Hover over the user name, and select ignore user.

Barnabas, you do know that even if a poster is placed on ignore, when someone else quotes them, you will still see their comment.

• Upvote 1