The Neighborhood Bully

2018-19 Official Season Discussion Thread

19 minutes ago, Jay Magic said:

I've been screaming 42-40 since day one. The boys are coming through nicely. Next season we are going to be a real problem.

Yeah, just imagine adding a healthy Fultz and Bamba (along with our mid first rd pick) to this current group. We could definitely become “the team” to keep an eye on very quickly. I wonder if we take a small step backwards if we let Vuc walk though? Not the time to worry about these things I know 

5 minutes ago, magicblue said:

Yeah, just imagine adding a healthy Fultz and Bamba (along with our mid first rd pick) to this current group. We could definitely become “the team” to keep an eye on very quickly. I wonder if we take a small step backwards if we let Vuc walk though? Not the time to worry about these things I know 

Yeah I really think we become that team next season. The thing about Vooch could be true for sure. It will be interesting. When we get in the playoffs if Vooch raises his game and by that I mean both ends .. we keep him probably. Either way we are in a very good spot with Bamba

4 minutes ago, Jay Magic said:

I like her decisions...

Could you imagine pulling that upset....that would be monsterous for putting the Magic back on the map and gaining respect from those around the NBA haha

Doubt it'll happen though 

13 minutes ago, Jay Magic said:

Yeah I really think we become that team next season. The thing about Vooch could be true for sure. It will be interesting. When we get in the playoffs if Vooch raises his game and by that I mean both ends .. we keep him probably. Either way we are in a very good spot with Bamba

No expert here, but I have concerns about Bamba because he doesn't seem to have the strength to anchor against the bigger, stronger centers. Not saying Vooch does either, they both can be backed in, but he is better at it right now than Bamba. Do you think this is going to be a problem for us going forward? 

9 minutes ago, Barnabas Smith said:

No expert here, but I have concerns about Bamba because he doesn't seem to have the strength to anchor against the bigger, stronger centers. Not saying Vooch does either, they both can be backed in, but he is better at it right now than Bamba. Do you think this is going to be a problem for us going forward? 

Good news is there’s very few “bigger, stronger centers” anymore. Plus I’m sure adding size/strength is a priority of Bamba’s strength and conditioning program. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, JJZFL said:

Totally agree.  Young isn’t out and he could go off for 50 himself if we aren’t focused on playing defense the way we can.  

We should defend him they way they did in college once they realized how to do it. Double team him all the way up the court and force him into bad passes and jacking shots. I'm sure he'll have the green light to fire away tonight with so many out so let's make it tough on him. That being said Hawks loss and Dallas win locks up a tie for 5th worst so there is some incentive to tank tonight.

24 minutes ago, Barnabas Smith said:

His new nickname is Swole Bamba... He's been in the weight room hard and will be all summer. I think he's gonna be just fine. I hear you on the concern tho

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, TrueBlueDrew said:

Could you imagine pulling that upset....that would be monsterous for putting the Magic back on the map and gaining respect from those around the NBA haha

Doubt it'll happen though 

Honestly once we get their... I think we can be a massive problem for any team.

13 minutes ago, Jay Magic said:

Honestly once we get their... I think we can be a massive problem for any team.

Once we make the playoffs I'm really gonna need to reign in a lot of poster's expectations.

Especially if we play Milwaukee