The Neighborhood Bully

2018-19 Official Season Discussion Thread

1 minute ago, ?4thewin said:

Waived briscoe

Smh we waived a DPOY candidate... 

seriously though lol, wish we waived Grant but I get the move in the short term. 

I guess in the end it doesn't matter that much, but why briscoe over grant? I am guessing injury and availability?

2 minutes ago, King Close said:

Smh we waived a DPOY candidate... 

seriously though lol, wish we waived Grant but I get the move in the short term. 

Yeah. Briscoe has been a pleasant surprise but MCW has arguably outplayed him and is more versatile. After trading for Fultz it probably changed the math on keeping him. 

I gotta say I am really surprised we waived Briscoe and not Grant, considering that we had Briscoe under a cheap contract (not yet guaranteed) for next year; and that Grant is an RFA this summer, it seems like a real short-term decision, when I expected our front office to look more long-term. I don't expect Grant to be back, and I'm not sure if we will have any rights to re-sign MCW or not.

1 minute ago, ?4thewin said:

That does make more sense, though it may end up costing us a little more to re-sign him as a free-agent. I expect some other team might try to grab him up. 

6 minutes ago, jmmagicfan said:

I gotta say I am really surprised we waived Briscoe and not Grant, considering that we had Briscoe under a cheap contract (not yet guaranteed) for next year; and that Grant is an RFA this summer, it seems like a real short-term decision, when I expected our front office to look more long-term. I don't expect Grant to be back, and I'm not sure if we will have any rights to re-sign MCW or not.

Its possible that MCW is given a second year. We had 6.7 million left of our MLE to offer him if we wanted to go a bit above the minimum and over him something like 2 million this year (prorated down to remaining days of the season) and a non-guaranteed 2.1 million next year. 

12 minutes ago, jmmagicfan said:

I would rather have been short a 3rd string PG than to risk ever seeing Brant take the court again.

2 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

Its possible that MCW is given a second year. We had 6.7 million left of our MLE to offer him if we wanted to go a bit above the minimum and over him something like 2 million this year (prorated down to remaining days of the season) and a non-guaranteed 2.1 million next year. 

I MCW eligible for the playoffs now?