The Neighborhood Bully

2018-19 Official Season Discussion Thread

So, hypothetically if we end tied with Brooklyn or Detroit and ahead of Miami and Charlotte, does our division champ tiebreaker outweigh the head to heads with them? I don’t think it does, but I’m not sure

9 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

So, hypothetically if we end tied with Brooklyn or Detroit and ahead of Miami and Charlotte, does our division champ tiebreaker outweigh the head to heads with them? I don’t think it does, but I’m not sure

No. Head to head is tiebreaker 1

9 hours ago, All Eyes On Me said:

Yikes... Porz is done, Mavs are screwed and it explains why the Knicks couldn’t give him away fast enough

He's "done"? People seem to always want to throw due process out the window in cases like these. It's pretty scary.

13 hours ago, magicdoc1 said:

Since december? They just won another one.

19-8 since December. That is NOT 21st in the league.

Using "since December" eliminates a ton of home games against good teams. When we're talking about what is currently a 38 game sample you can't eliminate 29% of the population just to make your point. 

15 hours ago, All Eyes On Me said:

Yikes... Porz is done, Mavs are screwed and it explains why the Knicks couldn’t give him away fast enough

It's a bull**** allegation. She's spent the past year trying to extort money from him. His lawyer has approached Federal authorities and it's being investigated. This is a complete non-story so I wouldn't be so quick to throw the man under the bus.

3 hours ago, ?4thewin said:

Using "since December" eliminates a ton of home games against good teams. When we're talking about what is currently a 38 game sample you can't eliminate 29% of the population just to make your point. 

Is ok. Im not going back and forth with you. My original point and concerned when we were discussing remaining of schedules between Detroit, Miami, Brooklyn and us was that “Since december” they have been playing well at home. With a record of 18-8. 

Now , it is 19-8 since they just beat another good team at home. 

Not sure what is the confusion. 

2 hours ago, DirtDan2012 said:

It's a bull**** allegation. She's spent the past year trying to extort money from him. His lawyer has approached Federal authorities and it's being investigated. This is a complete non-story so I wouldn't be so quick to throw the man under the bus.

Worst of all, he is/was one my keepers in the fantasy league.  This will hurt me as well.

Joking aside, It doesn’t matter how are they dealing with it and wether there was extorsion from her lawyer or not. 

The fact is, if they prove he gave money in exchange of silence, he is screwed. He might not face jail time but will severely affect his NBA career, not to mention any sponsor associated with the Mavs Organization. 

You dont want that negative press surrounding your organization, especially when Cuban has been criticized about this in the past.

12 hours ago, jjgator said:

He's "done"? People seem to always want to throw due process out the window in cases like these. It's pretty scary.

6 hours ago, DirtDan2012 said:

I’m not gonna get in to a debate about this on here, simply, nobody wins. Terrible situation, terrible look for him and the league and there’s some pretty damning stuff in here. I respect both of your opinions and hope justice is served for whomever obstructed it...