The Neighborhood Bully

2018-19 Official Season Discussion Thread

52 minutes ago, Magicpassion said:

This is my last response to this misinterpretation. I simply stated that (THERE IS POTENTIAL VALUE IN THE 2nd ROUND) evident by the list of many current players in the NBA that I provided earlier in this thread. Where in the world you perceived me overvaluing 2nd round picks based on the statement above is beyond my comprehension. You folks are making it very difficult to enjoy a fruitful experience on a board that is suppose to be about sharing ideas and enthusiasm about our team. Isn’t that the purpose of a moderator? It’s not about you but about the collective consciousness of the whole board. Check the ego at the keyboard.

You're getting upset for no reason. 

I said losing out on the 51st pick isn't that big of a deal because it's not really that valuable. 

You said "what about Isaiah Thomas" as if a single instance of a bottom 10 pick working out well means something. But it doesn't really mean anything. It's an example of the availability heuristic. Because you know if a time when a bottom 10 pick turned into an all star you're treating it as a regular occurrence but it's just a single instance exception. 

Every piece of evidence surrounding how teams treat these picks (giving them away in some scenarios) would indicate they're not valuable. 

Stop getting offended because someone challenged your premise. 

17 hours ago, Magicpassion said:

If that’s the case because the argument was that there is potential value in the 2nd round and that was proven to be true. Nothing was stated that it was a guarantee. The point was taken way out of context like it is much of the time on this forum.

Struggling to find a way to take this our of context, I got nothing. 

2 hours ago, ?4thewin said:

You're getting upset for no reason. 

I said losing out on the 51st pick isn't that big of a deal because it's not really that valuable. 

You said "what about Isaiah Thomas" as if a single instance of a bottom 10 pick working out well means something. But it doesn't really mean anything. It's an example of the availability heuristic. Because you know if a time when a bottom 10 pick turned into an all star you're treating it as a regular occurrence but it's just a single instance exception. 

Every piece of evidence surrounding how teams treat these picks (giving them away in some scenarios) would indicate they're not valuable. 

Stop getting offended because someone challenged your premise. 

I’m done........ you guys are impossible. I’m also not upset, just amazed at your narrative. Can we put this to bed? 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, Magicfan1987 said:

Struggling to find a way to take this our of context, I got nothing. 

If you can’t see it, I can’t help ya, sorry. It’s pretty obvious when you see in the current NBA all the productive players taken in the second round. To say second round picks offer no potential value is utterly ridiculous and frankly not even worth discussing. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Magicpassion said:

If you can’t see it, I can’t help ya, sorry. It’s pretty obvious when you see in the current NBA all the productive players taken in the second round. To say second round picks offer no potential value is utterly ridiculous and frankly not even worth discussing. 

You're moving the goal post. Nobody said second round picks aren't valuable. We said the 51st pick isn't valuable. Because it's not. 

The initial statement that I made was: There is potential value in the 2nd round, that’s it! You guys were the ones that ran with it. I realize the hit rate is low, any idiot can see that, but potential value is there, that can’t be disputed. That’s all......... I can’t believe we exhausted all this blabber over this. I made a simple statement and you guys dissected its meaning and ran with it. 

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Magicpassion said:

The initial statement that I made was: There is potential value in the 2nd round, that’s it! You guys were the ones that ran with it. I realize the hit rate is low, any idiot can see that, but potential value is there, that can’t be disputed. That’s all......... I can’t believe we exhausted all this blabber over this. I made a simple statement and you guys dissected its meaning and ran with it. 

On 3/23/2019 at 12:23 PM, Magicpassion said:

It sucks we gave up 2 seconds for him. 

On 3/23/2019 at 12:32 PM, ?4thewin said:

Eh. 51st pick. Pretty much worthless

On 3/23/2019 at 1:57 PM, Magicpassion said:

Isaiah Thomas #60

Ok

• Upvote 1

Ok

Your cherry picking, the initial statement that started this nonsense was: There is potential value in the second round. Why are you so confrontational? Please relax and look for the good. 

• Downvote 1

Ok

Your cherry picking, the initial statement that started this nonsense was: There is potential value in the second round. Why are you so confrontational? Please relax and look for the good. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Hornets win over Toronto on a half court heave from Lamb. Pistons lose in Golden State. We’re 1 game back of Miami, 2 back of Detroit, 2 1/2 back of Brooklyn, 1 in front of Charlotte. If we got our choice of the East top 3, who would y’all want? My pick in order would be Raptors, Sixers, Bucks.