The Neighborhood Bully

2018-19 Official Season Discussion Thread

3 hours ago, jjgator said:

I ended up buying NBA Live 19 that is on sale for 4 bucks on the PlayStation Store. I only played one game, but I'm enjoying it ( then again I haven't really ever played a basketball sim game, just NBA Jam and some old NES bball games back in the day). A lot say 2K is better, but reviews said Live is less complicated (I had no idea what I was doing at first, so I got down by a lot, but got the hang of it and almost came back and won. On rookie difficulty though, but I've only played one game like I said).

Yeah I really enjoy playing ball video games. I used to a ton when I was younger and now that my son is old enough I get to play with him :) 

Great win tonight, have to keep handling business. Hopefully the Nets and Heat stop winning the games they have no business winning. Our game in Miami Tuesday could definitely make or break if we’re able to sneak in or not.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, jjgator said:

I ended up buying NBA Live 19 that is on sale for 4 bucks on the PlayStation Store. I only played one game, but I'm enjoying it ( then again I haven't really ever played a basketball sim game, just NBA Jam and some old NES bball games back in the day). A lot say 2K is better, but reviews said Live is less complicated (I had no idea what I was doing at first, so I got down by a lot, but got the hang of it and almost came back and won. On rookie difficulty though, but I've only played one game like I said).

that's a very good way to summarize it

7 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

Do you guys realize we’re having our best season in 7 years? That we’re already 9 games ahead of last year in the win column? Huge shoutout to Cliff and the team for their progress!

https://www.landofbasketball.com/teams/records_orlando_magic.htm

We've been top 10 in net rating since January 1st and 2nd in defense. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, The Neighborhood Bully said:

gotta believe our defensive rating is influenced by the fact we're in the bottom 10 in pace

Defensive rating isn't impacted at all by pace

So, that Miami win last night was not good for us- it really was a game that they were supposed to lose.

For example, fivethirtyeight gave us a 60+ percent chance of making the playoffs before last night with Miami having a below 50%. Now they are giving us both a 56% chance. 

16 minutes ago, Odin said:

So, that Miami win last night was not good for us- it really was a game that they were supposed to lose.

For example, fivethirtyeight gave us a 60+ percent chance of making the playoffs before last night with Miami having a below 50%. Now they are giving us both a 56% chance. 

Really feels like it’ll all come down to Tuesday. We beat them we gain a game and clinch the tiebreaker with em. Also, keep an eye on Detroit and Brooklyn. They’ve both got brutal schedules to end the season. At this point we have to shoot for 40-41 wins, which means we have to be near perfect down the stretch. 7-3 the rest of the way gets us to 41-41 for the year 

30 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

Really feels like it’ll all come down to Tuesday. We beat them we gain a game and clinch the tiebreaker with em. Also, keep an eye on Detroit and Brooklyn. They’ve both got brutal schedules to end the season. At this point we have to shoot for 40-41 wins, which means we have to be near perfect down the stretch. 7-3 the rest of the way gets us to 41-41 for the year 

I don't think we need that many wins yet. But yeah, it more or less comes down to Tuesday.